Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2012

Things are worse

I was bleeding a bit since Tuesday but last night at 10pm I had a lot of blood loss and pain and had to go to the hospital er. They did loads of tests and checked me over and they don't think it is ectopic which is something I was worried about, and my cervix is still closed which is a good sign but it is a threatened mc. They have booked me in for a scan on Monday 9am so we will see what they say but I am not too hopeful. Please say a wee prayer that our baby is hanging in there and will be ok.x

Replies

• Oh Apricotmoon - I really hope your little bean hangs on in there. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts your way.

It must have been quite traumatic last night. Take it easy and make sure you look after yourself over the weekend.

xxx
  • GC but just wanted to say I've had this with both my pregnancies and they say it tends to happen around this time 7-8 weeks a lot as that is when af is due. I have a 2yr old and I've got 5 weeks left till DS arrives!!!

I was also examined for ectopic both times and was fine and my cervix was also closed which I think is the most positive sign!!

FC all goes well Monday but in the mean time you really must rest as much as possible!!!
  • Thank you so much that is very reassuring, I will keep positive and rest as much as possible and hope for the best. Will let you all know on Monday, either way.xx
  • I wish you all the best for monday, I'll be thinking of you. good luck hun xx
  • Ah bless you. How scary that must have been for you. Fingers crossed everything is ok with your little bean & will say a prayer. Take care xx
  • I've got everything crossed for you for Monday. With my Daughter I remember it only lasting a few days but with this pregnancy I had various amounts of red/brown bleeding from about 6 weeks to about 11 weeks!!! It was horrific and I didn't think there was any chance it could survive but here I am now so I've def learnt bleeding can be completely okay as long as your cervix stays shut!!!!

I cannot wish enough that it will be exactly the same for you!
  • Thinking of you today hun x