Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

screaming and farting

Hi guys the names John and im a first time dad. My wee man is nearly 6 weeks old and I have noticed that when he is trying to fart he is in a lot of pain. Im heartbroken watching this and worried it might be something bad. I first thought it may have been the milk he was on which was cow and gate but changed it to Aptimel comfort. Designed I nelieve to deal with colic and constipation. Would love to hear from yous if you can help me out with a bit of advice. Cheers

Replies

• Options
    Hi,

My daughter cried after all her feeds (first breast feed then aptamil comfort)and had terrible wind with pain. After seeing several doctors for colic, then reflux we eventually discovered she had a milk allergy at 5 months and after 2 weeks on a prescription milk she was like another baby.

Not suggesting it's an allergy but if you find it goes on might be worth discussing with gp, hope he settles soon.
  • Options
    My daughter has severe colic and was the same. Colief drops in regular milk sorted her out a treat. It made her poo soft and yellow rather than green. In 'My Other Posts' I have written quite a long post about dealing with colic. Would really recommend Colief, it saved my sanity xx
  • Options
    if all else fails go to your doctor and ask for a prescription of Infant Gaviscon. This is the only thing that worked for my son, whos now 7 months. They tried to fob me off but i stood my ground and so glad i did as the colief was unless and he was a different baby after the gaviscon.