Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Has anyone had, or thought about having counselling or something like that?

Hi ladies, i am really struggling to cope with all this right now and dont know what to do. I have been suffering with really bad stress and anxiety and it is getting worse and im so worried that its going to turn into depression. I just cant see any light at the end of the tunnel and is effecting every part of my life.

How do you all cope? Had anyone got to the point they needed counselling or something? I feel im nearly at that point right now im such a mess.

Replies

• Hi Kelbel,

so sorry to hear you feel like this. I know how you feel. I had a really hard year last year, really stressed about work and ttc. I had my first (of 4) miscarriages last January, and went to doctors, who offered counselling. I am sure it was helpful, but I only had 6 sessions. I had another miscarriage in the March, while I was still going, and it probably helped then too. Since then I had another 2 miscarriages (all very early) in June and then January just gone. I am being seen at the moment by gynaecology, and have just started metformin. I think feeling that things are moving on slowly helps a bit, although have felt really low last few days as know AF is on the way I have also just had 2 friends just announce they are 3 months, and due the same time as when I last conceived - it is heartbreaking. How long have you been trying? and have you had any tests etc done?

I am finding it is all I can think about at the moment and is so upsetting. Im here if you need to talk xxx
  • Thank you bellehelene,

We have been trying for almost 18 months officially and we have had tests done which have all come back normal, just waiting for another appoinment to see consultant to see where we go next. Its just so hard waiting all the time.

Im so sorry to hear about your miscarriges. I really hope the nxt one will be 'the one' for you x
  • I haven't gone for any counselling but I know people who have and they've found it to be really helpful. I think we all need a bit of it every now and then.