Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2012

Awful leg cramps/pains

Hiya ladies im 16+ today and have been experiencing leg cramps/pains for the past three or so weeks and it drives me crazy!!

Ive tried changing positions/pillow between legs/soda water etc and nothing works image

Is anyone else experiencing this? xx 

Replies

• Not had this before but didn't want to r&r as I know cramp is awful! I read somewhere that bananas are good for lessening cramp xx
  • g /c from din but I've just started getting foot cramp that wake me up in the night too. i got this a lot when i was pg with dd too. not a lot you can do unfortunately. i found that if i stretched my foot at right angle to my leg it went away faster . ive heard that it is associated with low potassium which is why bananas are supposed help but i tried having one a day and it didnt make any difference image
  • Hiya yeah i heard the bit about potassium but i cant eat bananas due to previous gallbladder probs. They give me terrible cramps and stomach aches! My leg pain is more achey than cramps. My legs just feel like lead and its awful! xx
  • I used to get really horrible cramps in my thighs and groin with my first so much so that I couldnt stand in the mornings!! Went to Drs and they couldnt do anything with it. I found sleeping with a pillow between my legs and one under bump worked a treat. Or even try lieing on your back putting your feet up and getting blood circulating in your legs, you might need help getting up after!!