Forum home Babies Baby

brushing teeth???

Hi all,

My little one has finally cut some teeth and has his two bottom ones and is in the process of cutting his top two.

I was wondering how people go about brushing their little ones teeth as i know that you should start as soon as they get teeth to get them used to it etc. I have the right toothbrush and toothpaste as a lady at an under ones group gave them to us; she was from the local authority. I have used the brush with toothpaste but wondered how you go about rinsing?

I just rinse the toothbrush and put it back in a few times. I assume because it is made for lo's it has low flouride and therefore is ok if they swallow it???

What do you guys do?

Thanks SB x

Replies

• Your not supposed to rinse your mouth after brushing. Only a small amount of toothpaste should be used so there should be no need to rinse. Babies mostly drool it out anyway!

Hope that helps

• Hiya, Ryan got his first tooth on his 8 month birthday, and the second soon followed!

Advice from HV was just a smear of toothpaste, so that's what we do, and don't rinse - should always be spit rather than rinse after toothbrushing for adults too!

I tend to brush his two tiny teeth first then let him hold the brush himself and have a chew on it to get him used to it. He loves it though, and tends to throw a strop when I take it away!

xxx

• Thanks for the replies. That's what I thought.

SB x