Forum home Toddlers & older children Children with special needs

Heart children

Hello not been on here for very long time is they any other Heart mummies on here? My son Zander hwas born with TOF ad ohs 10th june last year but had lots complications had pacemaker fitted/surgery 17th june last year x x

Replies

• Me! Ava has left isomerism and heterotaxy x
  • How old is Ava? hope she is doing well x

• She's just 3 and doing brilliantly! How's Zander doing?
  • Thats fab!! Hes 23 months old, he has complications, severe leaky valve & enlargement of right side of heart thy are trying to maintain with meds, & he has his 2 monthly heart check & pacemaker check next tues dreading 

• Do you visit the heartline forums at all? xx
  • Hi Ladies,

I just had to comment on this thread as it felt personal for me. I was born with congenital heart disease (VSD, Co-arctation & pulmonary valve disorder) they told my parents that I wouldn't live beyond toddler years, I had 3 open heart surgeries before my first birthday and a further 8 surgeries last one being in 2002 and now I'm 28 and ttc image

I wanted to share my story with you and hopefully you can find some comfort in my positive outcome. Medicine is so advanced these days and you should have every confidence in your Cardiologists, I wish you both all the best and I'm more than happy to offer any advice/support.

Big hugs. Naomi x

• Thank you so much for your comment Naomi. 

I think my cardio well my sons his amazing just worried at as on weds we find out if his heart unit stays open. & his amazing surgeon saved his life twice i really dont want to think about Zander meeting a whole new team travelling 100s of iles for every app & surgeries xxx