Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Oct 2012

Soooo quiet in due in oct! how are we all doing??

Hello everyone how are we all doing?

Its so quiet in Due in Oct..... xxxx

Replies

• Hey! I am 28w+4 now and getting tired. Got gestational diabetes so risk of a big baby. My last was 10lb. Controlling my blood sugar with my diet for now. Can't eat anything i love :'-( but is best for baby. Other than that i am ok plodding along. Enjoying the baby kicking and looking forward to meeting him in Oct! image
  • Hiya nimmy hope your ok! I know what you mean the tiredness has crept back on me! Was doing really well last week image xx

I had my GTT and was scared about the results as diabetes runs in my family anyway and being overweight i thought id have it for sure. It was a suprise when the results were 4.1mmols before and 4.5mmols after.

Are you more likely to have a bigger baby then?

Do you have most things ready for him now?

Were just about getting there!

Kim 32 weeks xxx
  • Yeah bigger babies are linked with diabetes. I was tested cos of previous 10lb baby. I can't process sugar due to pregnancy hormones and it all goes to baby. So on a strict diet now. Had most bits already from the other 2. Got things out of storage and washed a few bits. Just need to put cot up and pack my hospital bag. image spending a lot of time at hospital till baby here cos of diabetes. Not easy when working and caring for other boys. Oldest starts school in 3weeks EEEK! Xxx
  • Hello ladies! Hope you are both well. It is so quiet here! Are you both on our Facebook group? Busier over there. I'm 31+2 today & starting to struggle. My spd is back and I find it difficult towards the end of the day. I also find babies wriggles very uncomfortable this time round, I jump a mile in the air sometimes! I'm really looking forward to baby arriving though. This will be our 2nd & last bubs so even though 'end of an era' if you will, I'm excited to start the next chapter. Poor baby only has 7 new babygrows & 3 new vests for his first few days so far, need tk get a wriggle on! Neary done my hospital bag, & got out old clothes ready for washing, feeling quite prepared compared to a few weeks ago!

Nimmy how are you finding controlling your diet? I've not

got gd but am trying to limit my crap as I banged so much weight on last time!

xx
  • I have found it tough as i live on junk whilst pg and eat what i want when i want. Now my snacks are limited and no junk. Lots of salad and veggies. Even natural sugar in fruit i havecto limit. Getting used to it a week on. At hospital on Thursday to find out how i am doing and having a growth scan! image Xxx