Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2013
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Feel a fraud wearing mat pants

Hi girls is anyone else having to wear maternity jeans???? My normal ones are too tight so I've had to put a pair of mat ones on !! I'm not even 13 weeks yet!!! Anyone else??

Replies

• God yes! I normally wear size 8 and I was out of those at 6 weeks, straight into size 12 and now they are too small! I'm 14+4.

I feel the same though, I'm no where near big enough for the proper over the bump jeans and yes feel a complete fraud. haha! I've been trying to find some with buttons at the sides that you can extend as you get bigger. I don't want to spend a fortune though. Any ideas?

What sort did you get? xx
  • I've been wearing leggings for the past 4 weeks! My trousers were tight, from bloating! But now I can't be bothered wearing them!

Might invest in some mat pants soon though! Anyone recommend a good shop?

x

• I'm living in leggings too! H&M have got some nice tshirt type dresses that look nice now and are nice and stretchy. And not too expensive, lots of trousers too but are all big over the bump ones.

Let me know if you find any button ones xx
  • Mine were old ones from having my other two need some new ones because they kept falling down all night!!!! Lol! New look have nice mat stuff , few more weeks ill wear proper onesimage
  • Im in proper maternity jeans and have been for a couple of weeks now. Im 14+3! I got mine from Topshop..think they were £32 but they should last me all the way through..unless I put 5 stone on like I did last time :-/

• Eeeek - I was in mat trousers from 8 weeks!! Just popped out!!

If you don't want to spend a fortune, Asda are nice and cheap - good for work - I got some expanding waist black trousers for £13 and maternity leggings for £6!!

xx