Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Waiting

Hello all, I am new to this and was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. I have been reading lots of different forums and trying to find someone who has been in the same situation as me. I have read lots which are quite the similar, but there are some key differences.

I came off the pill (Dianette) at the end of August. I have been taking the pill on and off for about 15 years. I had my period as normal, starting 5 days after last pill, and then my next period started 10 days early and was fairly heavy, dark and a thicker consistency than normal. Since then I have had no period and I am currently 18 days late.

My husband and I want to start trying for a baby in the new year and we have been very careful, although I can't be 100% sure. I wanted to try and get my periods into some sort of rhythm before trying to get pregnant. Last Sunday I took a pregnancy test as I had been feeling sick, and at that point I wass 11 days late. It was negative and I have have had no sickness this week.

I am just worried as every other time I have come off the pill my periods have been very regular. How long should I leave it before going to see the doctor? Any advice would be greatly received as I am trying not to get too stressed but beginning to feel worried.

Replies

• I forgot to say that for 3 weeks I have been taking Pregnacare Conception. Can this have an effect on periods?

• Hi GG, it affected mine straight away. I started a thread on here back in April and a lot of ladies said it made no difference and they conceived straight away. My periods went back to normal as soon as I stopped taking pregnacare, I can't say for certain but I took sanatogen mother to be and they were fine

Also I wanted to say, a friend of mine was waiting after the pill for her periods to get back to normal and when she didnt get a period she found she was pregnant straight away, so it can happen.

Good luck!

xx
  • Thank you Soon2BJacks. I was wondering whether there was a link. Maybe I should see about trying the Sanatogen mother to be. image

• Well, my period started today image. I stopped taking the Pregnacare on Saturday so I think there may be some connection there. I have just bought the Sanatogen Mother to be so hopefully that won't have the same effect.

Thanks again Soon2BJacks x

• Thats good news GG2. I bet it's a relief. I am waiting for my period too. Only a few days late, did a test this morning which was negative. I am currently taking the seven seas trying for a baby & wondering if this is having a similar effect as pregnacare! Has anybody experienced this? Xx
  • Hi Kirstycake, I haven't heard anything about the seven seas tablets, but if you look on the thread which Soon2BJacks began it has some interesting points made by a number of people. I guess the different supplements effect people differently.

On the downside of waiting so long for a period, the period pains are a hell of a killer! I'm hoping that my periods will become regular from now on.

How long have you been off the pill and using seven seas for? x

• Ive only been off the pill for 5 weeks and taking seven seas for 4. I've decided to stop the seven seas until my period comes. I am only 2 days late but if I'm not pregnant I just want to get my period out of the way ready for the next cycle. I'm so impatient. I'll have a look at the post you recommended thank you. Hope you feel better soon image nice hot bath usually works for me x