Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

low or high cervix?

hi girlies,

i was wondering if anybody checks their cervix during the months to see if af or ovulation is due.

from what i gather a low cervix is when you can feel it straight away when testing and a high cervix is when you cannot feel it at all, is this correct?

does anyone know if a low cervix means your about to ovulate or a high??

i should be ovulating about now and have a low cerviex but my ovulation tests all say negative and no sign of af

any advsie pwese?

:\)

Replies

• Your cervix is supposed to be high, soft and open around the time that you ovulate. Having said that though, I was checking mine this month (first cycle off pill) and at the time when I realise with hindsight that I had ovulated, it was in a position that I had classified as medium because I could still touch it without much difficulty. I guess it depend on the length of your fingers and the length of your vagina, lol!

Hope that helps xx
  • I just had to say how much this thread made me chuckle, especially the bit where you said it I guess it depends on the length of your fingers and the length of your vagina, lol! Ha Ha. :lol:

All joking aside though, i have started checking (CD12), but am finding it quite difficult to tell the difference in firm or soft, maybe it's because it hasn't gone soft yet? or maybe that I have already had 2 children? But i think you are quite right, when its high and soft and slightly open that's when you are fertile. Nicki
  • Yeah, I have trouble with hard and soft as well. Also, I discarded my first 20 days worth of cervix checking data because I didn't know how much mine was going to move (turns out not much) and I wasn't measuring that carefully. Now I use my knuckle as a guide to how high/low it is, which helps. Having done it for a month, I'm hoping next ovulation I will find it easier to spot the changes (assuming there is a next ovulation of course! :lolimage
  • I have read the that - Soft as in the feel of your lip and firm as in feel of your nose, i found this quite useful as there isn't much difference between the two. hope that helps someone. Also that if you have had children cervix would always be slightly open coz its been stretched. x
  • lol thanks for the comms ladies

fingers crossed ov wont be to long and then i may be in with a chance this month!!

xximage
  • lol thanks for the comms ladies

fingers crossed ov wont be to long and then i may be in with a chance this month!!

xximage
  • Can anyone help, I ovulated 8 days ago and af is due in 5 days (I have a 35 day cycle) but noticed today my cervix is very low.

Does this mean I've not fallen pregnant? The information on the internet is very conflicting! :-/

Thanks in advance xx

Ps have never noticed where my cervix is before so don't know what to compare it to!
  • Hi

Can someone explain what you're checking for with the cervix?

I read that the angle or whether your cervix is 'dipped' can make a difference to conception?