Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

other people's pregnancies...

Hello. Feeling a bit frustrated and sad today. Just finding other people's pregnancy announcements making me think about how I would have been nearly 12 weeks if ectopic hadn't happened. Frustrated that I can't start trying yet so feel stuck. Don't get me wrong I'm delighted for the people I know who are expecting and would never say anything to make them feel bad. So thought I'd share my feelings on here insteadimage.

Replies

• LouLouBelle - hope you dont mind me jumping in on this thread, my baby was born at 28w + 2 but sadly never made it.  Today would have been my last day at work and I should be 35 wks pg by now, so I know exactly how you feel being sad and frustrated.  We're going to TTC after AF finishes - this is my first one since having my baby 7 weeks ago, so I'm hoping for some good news at Christmas time to help us through this difficult time.

I hope you feel better soon, and hope you get the all clear to TTC soon too - and wishing you the best of luck when that time comes.

Ann-Marie x

• Not at all flee24. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. That must have been heartbreaking. Fingers crossed you get your bfp very soon x
  • Thanks LouLouBelle - and you too image xxx

• I know what you mean... I'm days away from what should have been my due date. Not only that, I just recently suffered from a third straight mc. While going through this, my best friend tells me she's preg. How can I get rid of these negative feelings? Don't get me wrong I'm very excited for her but it just gets really hard when the whole world around seems to have such an easy time with this. Anyway that's me feeling sorry for myself...
  • Hi becca, it is so hard. I'm very sorry for your loss. I think it's important to remember that feeling this way is only natural and in time we will make peace with our feelings. I find myself feeling frustrated and upset about other people's pregnancies then feeling guilty because I have a son, as if somehow having a child already means I shouldn't feel upset about this loss. I know how lucky I am.

I wish you lots of luck.
  • I am the same. I would have been just under 4 months

pregnant. But sadly miscarried at 8 weeks.

There are lots of friends and family and even celebs who

all seem to be pregnant without trying.

I have a 5 year old girl but feel even more guilty

that she doesn't have a sister or brother to play

with.

Can't talk to my husband about it as he just says

stop stressing and it will happen. Easy for him to

say.