Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Strange cycles after Hycosy?

Hi

We've been ttc for 15 months and have been diagnosed with "unexplained infertility" so the hospital sent me for a hycosy. It went fine - tubes not blocked (though it took 2 goes for the liquid to run through so there was some debris). Anyway, I'm very regular, always ovulate CD14 and start AF on CD28.

Firstly my AF arrived 2 days early the month I had the hycosy done and this month I did not ovulate until CD 18 and have had erratic temps since then (rise then fallback 3dpo and then rise again).

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm really worried that somethings got messed up up there!

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

xxx

Replies

• Hi amber,

I had a lap and dye in November, my cycle afterwards was 44 days its normally 28/29 days! This month I have ovulated around day 15 so it looks like it is back to normal now.

I have never had a cycle that long and had wondered whether the lap and dye had messed my system up at bit!
  • Thank you so much for your response! I was really starting to worry that something was up and it's reassuring to hear that someone else experienced something similar and that it was only temporary. Hopefully things will get back to normal next cycle, assuming I don't get my BFP by then image

Thanks again.xx
  • Well I've now had spotting at 11 dpo (which I've never had before) but bbt dropped today (12 dpo - though still above coverline) so expect AF is coming early again (every month before Hycosy it came 14 dpo)...sigh, guess the Hycosy magic hasn't worked for me!

xxx
  • I had my hycosy done a few weeks ago (day 8 after my period started) and about a week before ovulation.  My cycle was 7 days longer than normal and I phoned FC and the nurse told me that it was normal after a hycosy to get a delayed period (longer cycle).  My period is more painful this month and have bad cramps that I don't normally get.  Hopefully the cramps will subside and my cycle goes back to normal next month.  I didn't get pregnant but hoping next month will be more successful image