Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

First round of clomid, success stories??

Hello ladies. I just started my first round of clomid this month. My hubby had a sperm analysis done which was good and I had a progesterone test done and my levels are low. We tried a year and a half on our own. The doctor decided clomid was our next option. I do ovulate every month on my own though. My periods are every 27 days and I got a positive on an opk on cycle day 13. i go for my progestrone test tomorrow. I am glad to finally have found some other women who can relate to me.

Replies

• Hi Danielle.

Dont often post on here, but thought id tell you my story. I was ttc for 3 years. After a HSG, failed IVF and a lap and dye, i conceived on my first cycle of clomid!! I, like you, ovulate every month and have a 28 day cycle. My little boy is now 18 months old and  I am due to have my 12 week scan on Friday for my second!! image

Good luck to you! It will happen, I am sure.xx

• Thank you Tinkerbelle, it is so good to hear a success story! Congratulations!! I will keep my head held high. I can test New Year's Eve!!
  • Hello ladies, I am about to start clomid too I have to ring the hospital in the new year for my prescription. How have you found it? We have been ttc since June 2011 and no luck yet. How was your xmas? really wished for our bfp but no luck hoping 2013 is going to be our year!

x

• Hi I am trying to conveive for almost a year now,

My hubby got low sperm count and I am taking clomid, yet it delay my menses till I tot I am pregnant.

May I ask :

Is it taking clomid is best to have sex 3days before ovulation?

• @joey& Sally

Hey there. Welcome and thanks for joining. To answer your question Joey clomid itself was easy to take and understand. It's the side effects that suck. I get hot flashes, tiredness, moodiness, nausea and headaches. Sort of like you already are pregnant lol. My Christmas was great, how was yours? I hope you get your bfp in the new year along with the rest of us!!

Sally: my doctor told me once I get my positive on the opk to have sex that night the next two night and every other day for a week. My hubby and I just do it everyday right before and up to and then whenever after that.
  • Hi Danielle , Clomid worked for me on my second cycle . Was given it after being told I had polycystic ovaries. Unfortunately I miscarried at 7 weeks but it does work and I should hopefully start my Clomid again in January . Side effects are not very nice had the worst hot flushes! But it's all worth it in the end!! I can't wait to start again been ttc for 2 years x
  • @ Lottie

I wish you the best of luck for the New Year and I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage. I am going to test on New Years Eve. My side effects were horrible and now I still get headaches frequent, tired and sore boobs.
  • Hey ladies just want to let you know I tested negative today at 12 dpo.
  • How do u get clomid?

We been trying for a yr and still no luck!
  • You have to go to a fertility clinic or ask your gynecologist if she thinks its right for your situation.
  • sorry it was a negative Danielle 4 : ( x

• That's alright Joey we are trying again this month. Just coming up on ovulation so baby dancing every day this month.
  • How long did the side effects last?
  • I had them the whole month on and off.
  • Hello...hope u dont mind me writing on here. Im just wondering what clomid is actually for? I stoppes takin the pill about 6 months ago and havent had a period since. The docotor told me to go back to him if this was still the case. I am assuming that he will giv me somthing to kick start ovulation. Does anybody know if clomid does that? Xxx
  • Clomid is designed to make yiy ovulate that's it. Some women still never ovulate on it. In my case I already ovulate but I take it in hopes of producing more eggs with better quality.
  • hi there,

new to all this and need some advice if possible? I am 24, have a child already but since having him (5years ago) i havent ovulated, it has took me this long to be prescribed clomid, myself and partner are excited at the thought this could help but dont want to pin our hopes on it. My partner is 27 but does have a lower than normal sperm count, i have had a lap done and came back i have one blocked tube so feeling as if the odds are completly against us just now image

Any words of wisdom would be apreciated. Due to start my clomid day 2 of next cycle.

Kell x

• Hallo everyone , I have been trying to conceive for 7 years . my prescribed clomid for 3 months BUT nowhere in Cape Town , South Africa clomid is available. do you have suggestions where the medication can be purchased?