Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Wanting Baby number 6??

Hey all

This is my story i am 33 & i have 5 amazing children, (only had 4 pregnancies as i had twins), my oldest is 12 youngest 3, but i am so wanting another baby but the more i think of it, it scares me, not the fact weather we will cope, its just the impact on our family we have now, do we go for it? or just be happy with our family now?
we didnt really plan our other children but have loved every minute of it, we love having a large family!!
Is anyone else in the same boat or had a similar exp?
i am new to forums so i do apologise if i haven't explained how i feel properly, feeling quite emotional about it all, so please be nice x x :\)

Replies

• hi there, firstly must I say you are certainly braver than me!!! Well done for coping with 5 kids!!! I'm 34, have one son and scared about a 2nd!!!!

All I would say is, can you comfortably afford another child? do you both want it? do you have a big enough house for 6??
    If you can answer yes then i'd say go for it!! The other kids will adapt just as they have with the others, and i'm sure a 6th wouldn't impact too much compared to 5!!

You sound like you have a happy family household and there isn't enough of that around if you ask me, so if you can give children a happy, fun, secure life then go for it honey

Claire x
  • hello

as you have such a large family anyway i doubt there would be much impact on your children if you had another as they are used to sharing your time, i am 1 of 5 but theres quite an age gap between us all, its lovely having a big family although i wish we had been similar in age. i would presume you have most things you would need? if you are both wanting another then i would say go for it, esp if you think you'd regret it when it became too late! i am already wanting no2 and LO is only 10 weeks eeek!

becca x
  • Thank you for your replys, Yes we have a very happy home @ present, both want another one and can afford another, watch this space hey!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you
    Baby dust to u both x
  • I'm one of 6, 2 boys (my half brothers) and 4 girls. Ages from 40 - 26 I'm 31 and love coming from a big family. My mum is one of 7 and Dad is one of 11 so it really is a huge extended family.

I only have one baby so far and hopefully will be trying for another soon but my husband is from a very small family, he is one of 2 and so is his dad and he only wants us to have 2 children. I must say I'm gutted I'd love a big family, I always joke that I'm hoping for twins and my husband actually gets quite cross haha I tease him but I am sad as I think we will only have 2.

you must be so proud of your big family I'm sure you'll find a new addition will fit in nicely.
  • I'm one of 6, 2 boys (my half brothers) and 4 girls. Ages from 40 - 26 I'm 31 and love coming from a big family. My mum is one of 7 and Dad is one of 11 so it really is a huge extended family.

I only have one baby so far and hopefully will be trying for another soon but my husband is from a very small family, he is one of 2 and so is his dad and he only wants us to have 2 children. I must say I'm gutted I'd love a big family, I always joke that I'm hoping for twins and my husband actually gets quite cross haha I tease him but I am sad as I think we will only have 2.

you must be so proud of your big family I'm sure you'll find a new addition will fit in nicely.

i have this, i'm one of 5, mum is one of 8 and hubby is one of two, so is his mum, so its a very small family his side and big my side, would love love a big family but like you hubby is ademant its only gonna be 2 :\(
  • Thank you ladies, you have all been very supportive x x x
  • Piggypops maybe we could cry to each other every now and then about it i just find it so sad, Hey you never know we may both have twins next hahaha
  • Having more babies when your children are nup to age 12 is good. The older the siblings the more help you get! I'm 25 and trying for baby no. 4. Big families are so worth it. My cousin has 8 children and they are such a close family. If you have enough love for them then why not! xx
  • 6!!! WOW thats alot! go for it! xxxxxxxxxx good luck x
  • As long as it's you, and not the state funding the children then I say go for it!!
    Sorry just have a thing about people having loads of kids and relying on the state to pay.
    Good luck x
  • HELLO, im new to this chatroom, infact any forum or chatroom! ha... I too am wanting baby number 6..I have 1 daughter and 4 boy's.. I had a PPH with the last delivery of baby number 5 so that is the reason i am scared of having baby number 6.. Any advice you can give would be great! Thank's
  • Hi. I have 2 of each and have decided to have baby number 5. You only live once and when you can't have anymore it is too late. If you are thinking about it that much, then I would. I thought about it and decided that I would never regret having another child, but I would be upset longterm if I didn't have one. That is why I am getting healthier now and in a couple months will start trying. good luck.
  • my husband and I are trying for baby number 4 we have 3 daughters aged 12,9,and 5 we kidded ourselves for years that we didnt want no more children.Until one day a few weeks ago, we was having our usually family chat in the bathroom :roll: and i mentioned that I dont feel like the family is complete just yet and im so desperate to try for a boy, my husband just smiled and said he was thinking the same for weeks, and with that we asked the girls how they felt about having a baby and they are so excited so with that I came off the pill, and bought a CBFM as we are going to try the shettles theory, who knows wether it will work or not, but even to have a little girl is a gift! we im currently on day 5,so hopefully be fertile soon!!and if the dates work out, can do preg test on the 9th march on hubbies birthday, everytime we tried I have fallen straight away, but alot older this time so fingers crossed!!image
  • i havent been on much so hope u all dont mind me joining in again

im 32 already have 4 boys 15,13,7.3 and a baby girl 10months

a great surprise she was.we would also like no 6 and will

ttc next mth. if thats what u both want go for it life is short u might regret it if u dont. GOOD LUCK
  • I too am wanting baby number 6! I agree with the previous comment that life is too short so go for it!!!

My 5 children are all very young... The eldest a girl who is 6 this wk she has 4 younger brother's! They all love each other and are close but myself and my husband would love another girl so she could hve a sister too.. we shall see!!

Good luck in whatever you decide! xx
  • I am so glad I read this thread as I have been driving myself (and husband) mad over last few weeks thinking of having another baby but not being able to make up my mind.  I have 3 children, 9, 5 and 1yrs.  Feel that as I am about to turn 33 I shouldn't leave it too long.........then I get doubts........but the thought of leaving it too late scares the hell out of me.  I've read that once you reach the age of 35 risks are alot higher and also the chances of conceiving lower.  I know one lady who started the menopause at 39!!!!

• Im with Emma33, the thought of leaving it too late scared me!! Im nearly 32 and already have 4 children 2 girls 14 and 5 and 2 boys 11 and 3, and am currently 4 weeks pregnant with my 5th. Anyone here worried about the looks from people or is it just me? I know I shouldnt care (my partner works and is studying) but feel people are so judgemental nowadays!! x x

• I so agree Racheybaby, and thank you for your response.  I am so worried that a) people at work will think I'm using the company instead of realising that I love being pregnant, love babies and want a lovely big family but I also enjoy working part time!! (not sure how working part time will work with more children though, are you a full time mum?  My hubby works full time) and b) that people in the streets will think I'm a sponger having lots of children for the wrong reasons.

• Congrats on your pregnancy by the way image How do you do bedroom wise, do you have a big house?  We have three bedrooms, currently 2 boys in one and girl in the other(small room), me and hubby in third xx

• I have 3 double bedrooms so I have plenty of room image Yes im a full timer! Lol. My partner works and is also in college. My current way of thinking though, is let people think what they like, our partners work so we are not sponging! And you never know they maybe jealous of our fertility!! image x x