Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

1st doctors appointment disappointment

I had my first doctors appointment today 4-5 weeks and was really excited. Got in told him i was pregnant and all he asked was when my last period was then when on to tell me what not to eat and to make an appointment with the midwife. Is this normal I always thought that they would confirm pregnancy he didn't even ask if I had done a home test. I'm a bit miffed as I get a 7 week scan as I have had a licenced treatment but will new have to wait untill after that to get it image

Replies

• All my doctor did was test my blood pressure and sent me on my way. I had to ring up a few times to get refurred to midwife. I was 5wks when i found out and was 11wks when i had my first midwife appointment, 13wks when i had my first scan.

Now we seem to be okay, i had a midwife appointment at 16 weeks and have my 20wks scan on friday.

GOOD LUCK xx

• My gp surgery don't see you for pregnancy confirmation. The receptionists gave me a pregnancy pack, there was a form inside where I filled in my details and first day of my last period, handed it back to the receptionist and got my midwife call a few days after and my scan date letter a week after.

To be honest, as exciting as it is for us ladies to get our bfp's, a ten minute appointment with a gp is a bit of a waste of their time because most won't test you anymore, despite having the test strips handy!

x