Forum home Product Tests Expert Q&As

Get ready for pregnancy by knowing when you ovulate

2»

Replies

• Hi

i have been on the pill since 2008 after i had my little girl.  i started off on mycrogynon and was then changed to cerazette about 2/3 years ago.  i stopped taking this 4 weeks ago and still have had no signs of any period but have been feeling sick especially in the mornings and really bloated.

How long does it take for everything to become normal again and could i fall pregnant without first having a period?

Thank you

Hi Hayley

After ceratzette or indeed other pills too some women don't have periods for a while but they usually start up by three months or so. But you could ovulate at any time and so can still get pregnant. If your period has not come by three months then have a chat with your GP - and of course check now and then for pregnancy especially if you feel pregnant!

Best of luck

Dr Alex

• Hi

i had a missed misscarriage in October and have been ttc since December. Tomorrow is my due date and I am not coping well at all with not being pregnant. With my two sons and the baby I lost I fell pregnant very quickly. I am 38 and am getting worried but my GP is not taking my concerns very seriously. Do you have any advice? I am desperate for a baby

Thank you

Hi - Oh I am sorry to hear about your miscarriage and how it is affecting you. You know you can get pregnant so keep that in your mind and stay positive. I can understand that you want to get pregnant as quickly as possible so I wonder if you have tried an ovulation test kit? The kit by Clearblue identifies 2 high fertility and 2 peak fertility days and so by using the kit you can maximise your chances of getting pregnant again. I am sure it will happen soon.

Dr Alex

• We've got a few questions coming in from Twitter -

1. Just how do you keep the magic alive when having sex to a schedule?

Yes! Keeping the magic alive is tricky and it is a common problem when trying for a baby. Ovulation is just once a month and so try to make it a special occasion and do something say a date night to make the evening special and less focused just on making love

Dr Alex

2. Do I need to take a long break from the pill before I can start trying?

No - most women are fertile once stopping the pill.

Dr Alex

3. If I know roughly when I got pregnant the first time around, should I aim for a similar time (eg. the same month)?

No I don't think there is any evidence to show that works! Your fertility is not affeced by the month - or the moon or the tides for that matter!

Dr Alex

•  hi what can my husband do to boost his sperm and libido when hes on morphine we been trying for 4 yrs for our second and he refusing to see dr about it with our 1st he was on tramadol  and she took 3 yrs with a miscarriage i also have a underactive thyroid which im on medication for since miscarriage //

• Hi Sophiesmummy

This is a trickly situation - you have clearly been trying for a long time and so need, somehow, to persuade him to see his GP for get some help. Perhaps you could go together? Also as you have been trying for a while now you may be referred to a fertility expert and there is a lot that can be done to help you both.

Best of luck

Dr Alex

• Hi everyone

It’s been great answering all your questions today. If you have any further questions, remember you can find me anytime on the Clearblue Advice Centre. Just visit blocked::http://www.clearblueadvice.com/ and click on the community forum called ‘Ask the Doctor’ and submit your questions.

Dr Alex
  • Thanks to Dr Alex Vass and Clearblue and thanks to all of our users for posting their questions!

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions