Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Does ovulation make any of you feel sick?

Hi ladies

I'm on cd21 and ovulated on cd19 and 20 so don't know if that makes me 1 dpo or 2 dpo. Anyway I feel as sick as a dog and wondered if any of you had this experience? I keep a journal so I can read back each month if I'm tempted to symptom spot and haven't had thus before.

Started yesterday evening and still here now. Know far too early to be anything else but wondered if ovulation makes anyone else feel sick?!

x x x:\?

Replies

• i had it this weekend! its called ovulation sickness, and is more common if uve been pregnant at some point before. i had it really bad on sunday, and was actually sick twice. i OV on CD13 and got it on CD 14. its becuase after OV theres a massive rise in progesterone, which makes u feel sick. i felt bad from the moment i woke up to the moment i went to sleep so bout 18 hours. i didnt even eat all day!! tried to eat dinner as OH had made steak and tiramisu for pud, but couldnt! gutted!

good luck hun. xxxx
  • Thanks gracie, I was getting a bit concerned as I never normally feel sick but this explains it! Feel terrible, hopefully it will be gone by tonight x x
  • Oooooh thank you for posting this.

I don't normally get this but I have this month.

I think I ovulated yesterday and felt really sick and wondered what the heck was going on, as i'm never sick!

Woo exciting! The 2WW begins! xxxxxx
  • Oooooh thank you for posting this.

I don't normally get this but I have this month.

I think I ovulated yesterday and felt really sick and wondered what the heck was going on, as i'm never sick!

Woo exciting! The 2WW begins! xxxxxx
  • I am glad that I'm not the only one! Never had it before and was telling myself off for symptom spotting and that it was all in my mind but it's not, I definately feel sick! x
  • Have either of you had it before? Do you know if you get ovulation sickness you're more likely to get morning sickness when fall pregnant? Read that ovulation sickness is meant to be like v mild morning sickness so thinking if this is mild then what would morning sickness be like!

Also feel shattered even though I slept well last night, guessing it's all linked?

So annoying as want to have a last bd tonight "just in case" but just feel grim! x x
  • Hiya huni!
    I deffo get this! It's one of my signs i have ovulated!
    And it fits because when i was pregnant my morning sickness was hellish! lol!
    xxxx
  • I ov'd on Sunday, had bad cramps & felt sick. I still felt sick yesterday & was in a foul mood. Of course I was convinved that it had actually worked & I was pg!! Then today I've had little flutterings in my tummy & have convinced myself (again) that I'm getting myself ready for implantation!! Ha ha! It's going to be a long 2 weeks.

xx
  • Oh and that's not good about it meaning bad morning sickness! :cry:

• If today and yesterday are anything to go by i'm going to be sick as a dog when I get my bfp! x x
  • I don't know about the morning sickness bit. I got slightly nauseous but was never too bad, but I didn't feel sick with ovulation either.

This is the only month that i've felt sick at ovulation though.

When are you due to test Mafia Princess? xx
  • I don't know about the morning sickness bit. I got slightly nauseous but was never too bad, but I didn't feel sick with ovulation either.

This is the only month that i've felt sick at ovulation though.

When are you due to test Mafia Princess? xx
  • I felt a bit sicky but was walking at the time... i couldn't sleep though,felt too hot and uncomfy!!!!!

Good luck xx
  • Hi Amy and Ruby, af is due on the 13th September so will test then or the 14th if still a no show. It's my birthday on the 16th so if it's a bfn i want to be able to pick myself in time for it! Or maybe I will test on birthday if no af as never late. How about you? I've never had ov sickness before either! x x
  • Ooh how exciting! What a super birthday pressie!!!
    AF is due 15th so should wait until 16th but i'm far too impatient for that and will no doubt test a few days early.

Would be great to be in the May forum together. We can hold each other's hair back during the morning sickness weeks! Lol!

Have you been trying long? xx
  • I have all of these good intentions so know will end up testing early! This is our 2nd month ttc but I'm very impatient!How about you

How good would it to be in May forum? Feel so ready for it and the morning sickness (may not be saying that at the time!)

I am hoping that our rude carrots are our good luck mascots!

Do you know when dpo starts? is it day after 1st or 2nd peak? x x
  • Rude carrots are just the best aren't they?! Lol!
    I've only been using ebay cheapies and got my positive yesterday and also pains yesterday so i think i'm either 1DPO or ovulating today.

This is our 1st proper month of using OPK etc but had stopped 'trying NOT to get pg' as they say about 3 months ago. We had a brief halt as hubby found out he was due to go away for 6 months just as baby would have been born but we're going for it anyway now as his time away changes all the time and he thinks he shouldn't have to go now anyway. Loooong story! Lol!

May baby has a great ring to it!

I have a really good feeling about this month x
  • Yes I've been feeling a bit sick with nausea, dizziness, headache, and every now and then I feel so tired.  I was also wondering if anyone knew if you could be feeling the signs of pregnancy but I've had two neg test. I also had a period, but I've read that some people can still have period. Is this the truth? I had my period but even before the period I wfee feeling this way? I'm confused can anyone help?

• Hi I've been being sick for the past 4-5 months for two weeks straight but it is always around the time i ovulate. Every month I do a pg test to check but I never am, my doctor tried to say I had had acid but it's not that kid of sickness. Has anyone else been sick for this long, it's horrible and a pain when I'm working. I also have had Manu other symptoms of pregnancy such as boobs hurting to the point I can't wear a bra and I look it but tests are all negative. image

• I had a miscarriage this time last year and every since I have gotten super sick feeling around the time of ovulation. However I have not been able to get preg again after 4 months of trying. The first time I was preg I wasn't even trying...just wasn't preventing...any suggestions on why I might be having a hard time getting pregnant again?