Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Why can't I get pregnant again?

Hi all,

I have not been on here for several months. I had a missed miscarriage in January and five months later I am still not pregnant. Last time I got pregnant the second month of trying. I got my period on Friday and I feel so depressed. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I got some ovulation tests last month so at least I know for sure I am ovulating and when this occurs. My baby would have been due on the 3 August and if I don't get pregant next month I won't even be pregnant by my due date. Is anyone else finding that it is taking ages to get pregnant after getting pregnant quickly the first time? I don't know whether to go and see my Doctor. I doubt they would refer me so soon particularly as I have managed to get pregnant once before. I am 31 and feel that time is running out.

Replies

• I had a mmc in the beginning of november last year and a due date of 14th of may. In february and march I had two chemical pregnancy's. Bleeding started a day and a half after a very faint positive. But this month I had a bfp on a cbd.

It took me 14 days to get a positive pregnancy test with my first son. It took me 2 months to get pregnant with the mmc. So I was kinda annoyed by may when I wasn't pregnant. I was quite depressed and only when I got onto anti depressents I got peace in my head. But a month and a half after my due date I got my postive, just when we started to relax and not be to strict. We haven't had so much bd'ing this month and took some time to ourselves.

What I am trying to say, try to relax, it will happen. Maybe not this month, but maybe next month. Just try to relax a bit. I know it is easier said than done, but we will be here for you.
  • Thank you for your response. It is so difficult to relax when all you want is to be pregnant. I am sure it will happen eventually. Do you think I should go to the Doctors or will that be a waste of time? Congratulations on your BFP. You have given me some hope.
  • Hi hun, sorry I'm G/C but just wanted to reassure you that it will happen. I know it's so easy for me to say that, and when we were TTC after our MC in December I hated people saying 'it will happen when it's meant to', but it really will.

I would maybe ask your doc for some advise on whether there is anything in your lifestyle which could affect TTC or anything you can do to help increase your chances of getting caught. When we were trying for this baby I used to lay on my back with my legs in the air when DH had finished (so sorry tmi), as I hoped it might encourage/force the little swimmers to my eggs and stop them coming out so soon, lol, not sure if it had any affect but it made me feel better.

I do agree though that doc probably wont see it as a problem as you have conceived before.

Sorry I can't be much help, but I do understand your frustration.

Sam

xxxxx
  • hey, i had a mmc last August and actually fell the first time o tracked ov, we'd been trying for almost a year but obviously at the wrong times! it's almost a year on and i'm still not pg either, chin up hun, unfortunately for some of us ot takes a while longer. xx
  • Thanks ladies it is just so difficult and so unfair. I should be having my baby in 6 weeks not still ttc.
  • Hi Ellie, i'd been wondering how you were getting on. I'm not sure if you remember, but i was due in August, and had my mmc within a few days of you too.
    I got my BFP in May, and was starting to really struggle with TTC by that point, as i was desperate to be pregnant by August.
    I got pregnant the first month of trying before, and was kind of expecting it to happen straight away again.
    If it helps at all, in May, we vaguely followed SMEP, and used Conceive Plus from Boots for the first time.
    Good luck for next month, Elli xx
  • Hey, I can relate this this!

Fell pregnant on 2nd month of ttc, it was ectopic and here I am onto month 6 and nothing!

I know people mean well when they say it will happen in it's own time but when you see people in ltttc who is hasn't happened in it's own time for it doesn't make me feel any better!

Sorry, i'm in such a grump today, work in a job where am dealing with screw ups who breed like rabbits and then have them removed as they're so inadequate as parents. Today, it is really p*****g me off! x
  • heya hun
    g/c here but wanted to comment.
    I had a mmc in jan 2008. We had fallen preg on our first month ttc. It then took us 13 months to fall preg again!! We had all the tests done but there was nothing wrong.
    Everybody kept telling me to relax and that used to really frustrate me but I must admit they were right. The month I fell preg the 2nd time round was the first month I forgot ttc and had fun!!
    I now ahve an 9month old dd so dream do come true.
    good luck
    xx
  • Hi Ellie,

I too had a mmc in Jan and haven't had my BFP yet :cry:

I must say that I found this month very hard as it was my last chance to get a BFP before my due date in July. When AF came at the weekend I cried and cried and went to bed really quite angry at the world!

In reality, I have only had 4 full cycles since my mmc (it took 2 to get pregnant last time) but it feels so long! However, this is the first AF that feels 'normal' as in like they were before. I don't know about anyone else but my first few AF after ERPC were awful - so heavy and painful. I am hoping that as they get back to normal my chances will increase.

I have been using CBFM and am still doing so this month but I am half thinking of leaving it off next month if I'm still TTC. Not tracking may force me to relax a bit as I won't know when my peaks are.

It's very hard and I know just how you feel because I am in exactly the same boat! I'm trying very hard not to obsess about it - but I am obsessing about not obsessing!!!

xx
  • Eli - I do remember you. Congratulations on your BFP and I hope you have a happy pregnancy. I am so pleased for you.

Mafia Princess - My job involves removing children from crap parents. It is so depressing and unfair that those people have no difficulty in conceiving.

Lucyj - thanks for giving me hope and congratlations on your baby. I really hope it does not take me that long.

Opal fruit - I doubt very much I will be pregnant by my due date. One of my friends is due 3 August, the same day I was due which will be very upsetting. My periods were back to normal after two cycles so there should be no reason now why I can't get pregnant.
  • I had a miscarriage December 20. Yes 5 days before Chrisa as =((( after going through a very hard my fiance at the time started to have a more positive outlook and decided we would just take the experience and make it to where we would be twice as happy when we got pregnant again... Only problem it's now June and no new pregnancy. We are married now and I feel healthy. I have been tracking my cycles closely with an app on my ipad but every month my period shows up. This month was especially hard on me because my period was 3 days late so days 2 and 3 made me so hopeful. =(( I feel for you ladies and I hope that we all can get pregnant ASAP.

• I had a miscarriage December 20. Yes 5 days before Chrisa as =((( after going through a very hard my fiance at the time started to have a more positive outlook and decided we would just take the experience and make it to where we would be twice as happy when we got pregnant again... Only problem it's now June and no new pregnancy. We are married now and I feel healthy. I have been tracking my cycles closely with an app on my ipad but every month my period shows up. This month was especially hard on me because my period was 3 days late so days 2 and 3 made me so hopeful. =(( I feel for you ladies and I hope that we all can get pregnant ASAP.

• I got pregnant while taking the mini pill and I had a positive doctors test in May this year 2013 i should of been about 6-7 weeks when i took the test, if my calculations are correct.I m/c a few days after taking the test and was devestated. been trying for 3 months (which i know isnt long) but its just not happening. Everytime i get my period it kills me. My doctor doesnt see it as an issue as its only been 3 months and said to keep trying and try not to stress but to me its the end of the world every month im not pregnant. Any help or advice would be appreicated. Thanks

• I had a miscarriage in august after falling pregnant after just 2 months of tryin!

It's now nov n again, here is my period..... Every month it kills me inside. Everywhere I look people are pregnant, giving birth or showing me pictures of scans.

My mum was given 6-12 month t live 5 month ago, so the timing was perfect before n was hoping she might just b able t meet my baby!!

Now I doubt I will b even pregnant before she passes n everyone tells me t relax but how can I when everyone I know has children or pregnant with no effort at all.... Some were accidents n I'm absolutely desperate.

I'm happy for my friends but can't help but feel slight bitterness n jealousy that it should b me joining in n showing my scan photos.

Sorry t go on... It's just so hard as u all know already

Lozzajade
  • Hi Lozza, sorry for your loss. I completely understand how you are feeling. We've been ttc since Aug 2012. Got pregnant in Jan 2013, but sadly mc in Feb. Then got preg again in May & mc in July.

Sorry also to hear about your Mum. You seem to have the weight of the world on your shoulders. I know I cant take away the pain that you are feeling, but if you ever need to chat, give me a shout. Best wishes to you xx 

• Here is a puzzle for you to solve....

I got pregnant with my son on accident. I had been off the pill 4 months. We decided to try again when he was 3 and got prego on the first try. That ended in a mc. My doc put me on Clomid pretty quick because I was having 40 day cycles. 3 years have gone by. In that time they've checked everything, I've had ultrasounds to say I'm ovulated, and I've had two more miscarriages. I've since quit taking Clomid because I almost lost my marriage. It stressed my husband out too much. I've been charting my cycles, but nothing is like the books day it should be when is comes to cm and temp raises. I cramp days 12-14 and 24-26. My cycles are normal 28 days. I'm not very overweight (BMI is 29) and I workout regularly.

Anyone else experience this? I'm to the point where I just want to know what's wrong.
  • Hi!

I had a miscarriage in Oct of last year and I was devastated it was our first baby. Its been 6 months and we can't get pregnant my husband really wants a baby and I feel terrible. I don't know what to do, my mom says I'm stressed out and that's the reason but its so hard not to be stressed... If I don't get pregnant this month I don't know if I wanna keep trying because its so frustrating to see I can't get pregnant... Any ideas?
  • Hi jenn, sorry to hear about your mc. I completely understand how U feel, we had a mc in July last year and can't get PG again. So frustrating we have no control over how or when it'll happen for us. I know it's impossible as I feel exactly the same as U but try not to worry, it's natural to take up to a year to conceive. Are U tracking ov? I started using opk's a few months ago and realised my luteal phase is too short, so trying to sort that now. If your cycles are 'normal', hang in there, it'll happen!!! Good luck! Xxx

• Hi there!

I just wanted to give you all the update! I took a pregnancy test and it was positive I'm pregnant and I'm beyond excited!!!! I will be 5 weeks tomorrow but I am scared. I have an apt next week with my obgyn wish me luck! Good luck to all of you there is hope keep trying. It took me 8 months to finally get a positive.
  • Fantastic news Jenn! Gives me hope x