Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

having so many problems

hello my name is leanne im 20 years old. recently i was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries. I had a previous doctor who would look in to my heath problems recently switched and it was just caught. I was also told i am boarder line epaleptic it was so much to take in all at once. My fiance and i were trying to have a baby but nothing was happening it was almost two years until we found out why. so i have a couple questions

1) does anyone no how much being boarderline epaleptic with effect me having PCOS and if it lowers my chance anymore of concieving?

2) Do the fertility drugs help out or would it just kind of get our hopes up with low chances

Thank you for anyone who replies it would rely help us

Replies

• I have epilepsy (normally have fits maybe once a year tops) and am 19wks pregnant. it does not have an effect on trying to conceive but the medication you are on can cause extra complications witht the baby if you are on a higher dose. I take 150mg of lamotrigine per day and have been told by my neurologist that the chances of having a baby with birth defects should be no higher than any normal healthy woman because i am on a relatively low dose. they will be doing a scan in a few days to look at my babies heart as a precaution though xx