Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

After 3 and a half years it can happen! BFP!

Hi girls

I just wanted to give you all some hope. We have been ttc for 3 and a half years, I was given the label of un-explained infertility.

After a lap and dye, 6 months of clomid a year and a half ago and spending money on the CBFM I was beginning to loose hope that we would ever concieve naturally. We were discussing IVF with the plans to start it at the end of the year. Last year was very hard for me as all our friends who started ttc after us were having babies - cue pity looks and stupid insensitive comments!

So this year we make plans for holidays and career moves for my husband and courses for me. Going out with friends lot (with drink of course) doing lots of exercise etc... And we don't talk about it or plan anything around ovuation as we're waiting to be put through to the IVF clinic and last week I only get my bloody BFP!

I was a week late and felt weird, no other symptoms and took the test in the morning. I wasn't suprised but I couldnt stop shaking and promptly burst into tears - practically threw the test at husband. Kind of in shock now, and keeping fingers crossed for a sticky bean as I'm not sure I could do another 3 odd years! (Am approx 5 weeks now)

But what I really wanted to say is it can happen after a long time - and although I hated people who say 'just relax and it will happen' and often said scathingly 'how can I forget and relax when its all I can think about every month!'; it does happen when you stop stressing and live your life.

I won't go on anymore posts as I don't want to jinx it, but good luck girls and fingers crossed for all your BFPs xxxxx

Replies