Forum home Babies Baby

Is anyone an Avon Rep?

Sorry not really that baby related, other than that im trying to find a little job i could do around my little girl.

I was wondering if anyone could persuade me to do, or not do it. How do you / did you find it.
Im keen to know if i have to pay much money out, and if so do you know how much. I know if i spoke to someone from avon they wouldnt want to mention all the outlay! So i thought id ask here.

Do people still seem to order in todays money poor environment?

Thanks Ladies. x

Replies

• My friend does avon, she has been doing it for a few months now and said she got nothing for the first few times but now she does get a few orders, I also need to do something and so I have just become a body shop consultant, I have my first party next Monday and am kind of excited and kind of scared. I think if you find something that fits in round your little girl and it works for you then go for it.
  • Hi Sarah,

I used to if that counts?!?!!!!

I didn't get on too well with it. I found I was really restricted as you can only really sell by popping brochures through the door. I wasn't too into the product either but wanted a way of making some money, whilst getting my teeth into something.

Have you considered Usborne Books?
    I am an Usborne Organiser and haven't looked back! I love it and do as a job now! I have Ruby who is 7 months and really didn't want to go back to work but needed to earn some money so thought i'd give this a go as I already loved Usborne books.
    I'm looking to recruit new people and would love to have you as part of my team if you are interested.

The starter pack is ??38. For that you get a big box of books which are a fab selection from the catalogue, and all the business stationary you need to get you going.

This is the perfect time to join as Christmas is just round the corner!!!
    You can have home parties, sell at Christmas events and school fairs, hold stands at nurseries etc and also hold sponsored reads at school.
    It's up to you how much you put in.

My website is www.amybooks.co.uk if this sounds like it could be for you! My email is amy@amybooks.co.uk xxx
  • i am an avon rep and i love it! its not restrictive at all u can have as much or as little territory as u want. i only dot F&F and a few regulars in my street and come out with ??30 minimum every 3 weeks for an hours work. if u do one stop selling u only need to go to ur customers once every 3 weeks its fab!

i love it and def rate it for people with kids like us!
    u can also do avon parties if u want to earn more or drop books up to the schools/mums and tots clubs/slimming clubs etc. u can make it as big as u want too! any questions just add me on msn and will be more than happy to help!

marmite369@hotmail.com
  • Thanks Ladies, Thats really helpful. Does anyone know how much the books are? I am under the impression you need to buy them to give out. And then you collect them in. Is that right? x
  • you get ur 1st 2 campaigns of books free to see how u get on then u have to buy them but they are nothing really i think its ??4 for 15 books but they do deals on the the more u buy etc. and if u sell a certain amount u can get them discounted. u dont notice it coz it just comes out of ur comission. all orders etc are done online so its dead easy!
    xx
  • Thanks upsy_daisy. Youre so helpful! Im worried people will place orders and change their minds and i will be stuck with products. Do they pay me when they order? And what happens with tax ect?
    Thank you!
  • no they pay when you deliver. u dont pay till the following campaign so u are never out of pocket. as for tax etc its all cash in hand so its up to u what u do about it if u catch my drift.
    u will never be stuck with products u can return them just as easily as u ordered them. the best thing to do it get in touch with some one that does it in ur area and ask them to get their sales leader round to talk to u and explain all about it. u will not be forced into it and they wont mind if u decide its not for u!

i have been doing it a year now! and it keeps me sane! my prob is i spend my comission back in to the book! oh well the way i see it is im getting it for free coz i spent money in the book before i was doing it!!

you also get a reps book so u get things cheaper and in advance its like a demo boook i love it!
    only think i will say is its a funny time to start doing it if u can get it quick and get books out for capaign 18 u will be great coz people will order for xmas then it will quieten down over jan/feb time then wll pick up for the summer.

xx
  • sounds like the other rep should of been sacked for saying stuff like that! i have had one mix up of territory and that was when i 1st started and no one had told the previous girl that it had been assgined to me. she was just covering it till some one was found. she happily gave me all the orders she had collected and made sure the customers where aware some one new was taking over!

as for the returns i dont know how long ago ur talking but returns are dead easy and have never had any mix up with returns they take the returns when they drop of ur order.
    have u rang the head office im sure they wud sort it out for u. i cant believe u had such an awful experience with them.

everyone is different i guess! i hope that other woman aint still in the job though!
    xx

[Modified by: upsy_daisy on October 28, 2008 03:11 PM]

[Modified by: upsy_daisy on October 28, 2008 03:14 PM]

• double post!

[Modified by: upsy_daisy on October 28, 2008 03:15 PM]

• thats exactly the srt of thing i need to hear. So that i will be prepared. And i can ask the lady now exactly what the process is when i leave, have excess stock ect.

Would love to hear more opions if anyone else has dealings with avon. x
  • Also ask the lady what happens about out of stock items. I was always so embarresed when I got some orders in then to find they were out of stock, then had to go back to the customers house and explain that i'd put it on the next order, then it would be out of stock again. It's just one of those things though but I lost a few people because of that. Not that it could be helped but they may have sorted things like that out now like having a way of contacting other reps who may keep a stock etc. It was a few years back that I tried it so could be different now.

Will be great to see you back on the Usborne forum Saint Bertie!! xx
  • I used to be an Avon rep and really enjoyed it. i only stopped because I went back to work full time.
    I would suggest trying to get a local supermarket to drop off too, business in town like Banks etc are a good regular place to drop off too. I also had a residential care home for elderly within my territory and they were my best buyers!
    They used to do a discount brochure for reps with old stock in which I loved as the prices were great!
    xx
  • Thats a great idea. Thanks!
  • I have the Avon lady coming around on Friday to talk about it a bit further. I get the feeling she wont answer my questions very dirrectly though from the way she wouldnt answer anything i asked on the phone! Really want to do this, but just feel a bit aprehensive! Maybe its because my confidence has dipped a little since having my little one. Im sure this will help.

Thanks ladies. x
  • This Stephanie Wallace I am an Avon Representative that lives in Music City USA that is in Nashville,TN. She is looking around for customers to buy Avon products from here we are have a Big Summer Savings of 60% off so come along an see what we are offering today. There are a lot great deals so don't miss out. 

• This Stephanie Wallace I am an Avon Representative that lives in Music City USA that is in Nashville,TN. She is looking around for customers to buy Avon products from here we are have a Big Summer Savings of 60% off so come along an see what we are offering today. There are a lot great deals so don't miss out.
    http://www.youravon.com/stephaniewallace
    stephanie.wallace@msn.com

• This Stephanie Wallace I am an Avon Representative that lives in Music City USA that is in Nashville,TN. Online Ordering for AVON Campaign 16 2013 starts July 15th and ends July. 26th. AVON Brochure 16 offers huge discounts on almost everything. You can save as much as 60% in this AVON sales catalog. If you like to save money then you don't want to skip this campaign.
    stephanie.wallace@msn.com

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat guidelines.