Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Wrong dates?

Basically my lmp was on the 24th april which gave me an EDD 29th January But when i went for my dating scan they said baby was measuring from 27th april giving me due date of 1st feb. Round that time me and my husband only had sex on the 12th may so my EDD should be 2nd feb going by that? I'm gettin really confused about it.  I gt my BFP on the 28th may. Can anyone help me out as i really am confused

Replies

• It all depends on ovulation and implantation hun, even if yoy had sex on 12th may, you maynot have ovulated until 2 or even 3 days after that, and later implantation would mean alater due date also. I really wouldn't worry about it too much, it really is just an estimate. Xx

• Trust me your due date will change anyway so it really doesn't matter, baby can slow down growth and then have spurts . I'm 16+5 and have already been given 3 due dates and its changed for a 4th time back to the 2nd edd they gave me. Not even had my 20 week scan yet. I have scans every few weeks so it will prob keep on changing. It's an estimate of when your baby is due not an estimate of when you conceived so I wouldn't even give it a 2nd thought. Baby will come when it's ready anyway, maybe weeks before maybe weeks after.

• My first scan with this baba put me 1 week earlier than I thought I was. But then again with my first baba I was spot on with dates, he always measured big and he was a week overdue...these babies like to tricky image LH86 is right, babies are ready when they're ready xxx Try not to worry (easier said than done)

• Ok here is my situation: let me start out by saying this is very confusing and strange. Well currently by what my doctors are saying I am 26 weeks 3 days by my first ultrasound. By my LMP I should be 29 weeks 4 days. My due date from my LMP would be november 9th, but the due date my doctors are giving me is December 1st. my periods are extremely regular! And I know my body and when it's ovulating. my doctor is saying I ovulated late by 22 days after my original ovulation time span. Well I had an ultrasound at 18 weeks and my baby boy was measuring correctly to my lmp due date. My doctor refuses to change my due date and what concerns me is this is my 3 rd pregnancy I have 2 other daughters and now my First son with this one, and they have all been c sections my first c section was obviously unplanned but my second one was scheduled and this one is scheduled well supposed to be, but my doctor has it scheduled for when I am 43 weeks by my lmp instead of 39 weeks. Can I get some advice? Tis has never happened in both of my daughters pregnancies it was all accurate from my lmp my doc says I'm just having a bait baby but I have always had 6 pounders and some change. I'm extremely uncomfortable this my son nothing like either of my previous pregnancies and I know it's only going to get worse as I get farther along. And I don't want to not go into labor and be pregnant longer than I should be. I had my first at 41 weeks and didnt even go into labor on my own and I tried everything! Nothing worked, and my second with a scheduled c section at 39 weeks. With no excessive or extreme pain or discomfort with both of them. and before anyone says discomfort is normal during pregnancy I'm very aware of this hence two full term successful pregnancies of a now 4 year old and a 2 year old. But this is TERRIBLE almost unbearable! I want a healthy baby but don't want to be pregnant 4 weeks longer than I have to be. 

• hopea hope you can understand what I was saying I hate the auto correct on my iPad! Like big baby not bait baby

• Will you get any more ultrasounds before your section? X

• i've gt another ultrasound in 3 weeks x