Forum home Getting pregnant IVF & assisted conceptions

IVF/ICSI Ladies September 2013

Hi all

I know there is a thread for Summer 2013 but i thought for us newer IVF/ICSI Ladies we could start our own to share our stories.

Where is everyone at?

I have only just started on the injections and i have a scan on Friday 13th! Not ever sure if this is a lucky date or not.

Good luck to you all and lets hope the stories at the end of this thread are as lucky as the Summer 2013 Thread - Massive Congratulations to those ladies too.xxx

Replies

• Hi alittlewish4usall, we just have got approval and have my first blood test next week. Then I have to wait for af so that will be oct start for me. 

How you finding the injections? See it as lucky I reckon!! Xx

i have a couple of questions if you don't mind, on an nhs cycle do they freeze eggs for you? Or freeze embryos? And if it doesn't work first time do they count using the frozen ones as part of the same go? 

• Yay a new thread image

Alittlewishforusall, I think fri 13th will be lucky. Is that your down regulation scan?

Levi, not long to wait then. I'm sure every area is different, but I know some one that has had 1 full and 1 frozen cycle so far on nhs and has been told they will fund 3 cycles, now I'm not sure if that's 3 full or 3 in total.

I'm just waiting for af to arrive now which should hopefully be within next 3-5 days then I should have an antral follicle count scan. If my egg count has decreased again we have decided we will go through a full cycle, it its the same as before we will have our frozen cycle. Either way should start buserelin on day 21!!
  • Hi I will soon be going through this process too.

I have my appointment to discuss test results on the 25th and then hopefully injections will start at the beginning of October.

I've just been told that my AMH levels are very low, 1.9 where they look for a reading of 6 so I'm truly hoping this wont rule the treatment out.

Has anyone experienced anything similar??

Good luck everyone, let 2013 be our year!! Xx
  • Hi mrs k, I'm sorry you've had bad news, I'm also classed as 'poor responder'. Was put on highest drug dose on first ivf. At 33 it's hard being told I had low ovarian reserve, no wonder 3yrs ttc. Nhs, didn't pick it up as my amh levels were 'borderline' so they weren't concerned. It was only when we paid to go private we found out the reason.

Your clinic will put you on a drug treatment that suits you, and may keep you on the stimulating drugs for a bit longer until you have enough viable size follicles.

Good luck in your ivf journey xx
  • Miss k sorry to hear that Hun, sounds like there is a treatment for it though. We should all be starting this around the same time frame then! Yay bfps for us all xx

• Hi all

To answer your questions levi pink. Injections are going well and we wont know what is going on with them until Friday (which i am taking all of your advice and deciding that it is going to be a good day) and i will keep you posted on this.

I am having treatment through the NHS and yes they do freeze the eggs and as far as i am aware, the embryos too. The clinic we are going through only class it as a cycle if the embyo has been implanted, if it doesnt take and they use the frozen   eggs/embryo, this is then classed as a second treatment.

Can someone help me with some of the terminology on here please for the following:

AMH

BFP

BFN

As we knew we couldnt concieve naturally, i have never really looked into the temperature taking and other things that you would normally monitor! But, whatever it is Mrs K and ANDI30 I will keep my fingers, toes and everything crossed that there is something that can be done to help you.x

• i now know the BFN and BFP. image

• Thanks alittlewish4usall, thats useful info! Yes let us know any updates xx

found this abbrievations for you:

A

AC = Abdominal circumference - a measurement of the mother's belly in cross section, as an indicator of fetal weight/growth, and used with BPD and FL to estimate fetal age and weight.
    AC = Assisted Conception 
    AF = Aunty Flo or Period
    AH = Assisted Hatching
    AMH = Anti Mullerian Hormone, used to predict ovarian reserve.
    Amnio = Amniocentesis 
    APA = Antiphospholipid Antibodies
    ART = Assisted Reproductive Technology
    AVD =Absence of Vas Deferens

B

BAVD = Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens
    BBT = Basal Body Temperature 
    BCP = Birth Control Pill
    BD = Baby Dancing or Make Love
    BF = Breastfeeding 
    BFN = Big Fat Negative
    BFP = Big Fat Positive
    BH = Braxton Hicks 
    BIL = Brother-In-Law
    BTW = By The Way

C

CD = Cycle Day
    CF = Cervical Fluid 
    CM = Cervical Mucus
    COCP = combined oral contraceptive pill
    CTG = Cardio-Tocho-Gram (used for monitoring fetal heart rate & movement)
    CVS = Chorionic Villus Sampling

D

DB = Dear or Darling Boyfriend
    D&C = Dilation and curettage - a procedure for cleaning out the uterus.
    DD = Dear or Darling Daughter
    DE = Donor Eggs
    D&E = Dilation and evacuation - a procedure for cleaning out the uterus by suction
    DF = Dear or Darling Fiancé
    DG = Dear or Darling Girlfriend
    DH = Dear or Darling Husband
    DI = Donor insemination
    DP = Dear or Darling Partner
    DPO = Days Past Ovulation 
    D/R = Down-Regging , hormones taken to shut our bodies down to stop producing follicles naturally, (this is done before stimulation)
    DS = Dear or Darling Son
    DW = Dear or Darling Wife

E

EC = Egg Collection
    EDD = Estimated Date of Delivery 
    Endo = Endometriosis 
    EPT = Early Pregnancy Test
    EPU = Early Pregnancy Unit
    ET = Egg Transfer
    EWCM = Egg white cervical mucus, the kind you get when you are most fertile.

F

FAM = Fertility Awareness Method
    FAQ = Frequent Asked Question(s) 
    FER = Frozen Embryo Replacement
    FET = Frozen Egg Transfer
    FFS = For F**** Sake
    FIL = Father-In-Law
    FSH = Follicle Stimulating Hormone
    FWIW = For What Its Worth

G

GA = General Anaesthetic
    GBS = Group B Streptococcus 
    GD = Gestational Diabetes 
    GIFT = Gamete Intra-Fallopian Transfer
    GTT = Glucose Tolerance Test

H

HCG or hCG = Human Chorionic Gonadotropin – hormone produced in pregnancy.
    HFEA = The Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority
    HPT = Home Pregnancy Test
    HSG = Hysterosalpingogram (an x-ray, similar to a Lap) 

I

ICSI = Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection
    IMHO = In My Humble Opinion
    IMO = On My Opinion
    IUGR or IGR = Intra uterine growth retardation
    IUI = Intra Uterine Insemination
    IVF = In Vitro Fertilization
    IVM = In Vitro Maturation
    IYKWIM = If You Know What I Mean

J & K

KW = Knicker Watch

L

LAD = Leukocyte Antibody Detection
    Lap = Laparoscopy
    LH = Luteinizing Hormone
    LMP = Last Menstrual Period
    LO = Little One
    LOL = Laugh Out Loud
    LP = Luteal Phase, the gap between ovulation and your period.
    LPD = Luteal Phase Defect, when the second half of your cycle is too short for implantation to be successful (many doctors consider anything less then 10 days to be too short for implantation).

M

Marmite Down = How you feel on blue days
    M/C = Miscarriage
    MIL = Mother-In-Law
    M/S = Morning sickness
    MW = Midwife 

N & O

NK = Natural Killer Cells
    OHSS = Ovarian Hyper Stimulation Syndrome
    OI = Ovulation Induction
    OMG = Oh My God
    OPK = Ovulation Predictor Kit&nb

• OMG there are loads lol. I am never going to remember all of them, but thank you for finding that for me. I am sure i will be resorting back to it lots. image

• Wow that's a crazy amount of abbreviations!!! I proberbly only use a few.... Marmite down!!!!????

Cd 28 for me, pre ivf I had 26 day cycles. So desperately wanting ivf to arrive so I can call the clinic and arrange to start again.
  • Hi all

First scan after injections today went well.

I am growing folicles and they are a size 10 to 12 and need to be 17 so more injections for me for me and then another scan on Tuesday.

I dont know if anyone else is on the same treatment but i wasnt told that i needed to drink plenty of water! apparantely a minimum of 2 litres a day, which help dispell old hormones and generate new ones.

A little bit more excited today than i have been as we have been told that all going well, EC could be Thursday/Friday image

How is everyone else getting on?

• Great News!....Im so excited for you. 

Im sitting here completing my paperwork for my consultation on the 23rd of this month to start IVF....

• Ooh just speaking to you all in the other thread Hee Hee! glaf to hear it went well!! 

Andi30 you still have to wait for your af to arrive Hun? Xx

should we combine the threads? X

• Oh good luck for the 23rd just married 05 you will have to keep us posted.

Ha the forms questionnaire made us chuckle with its questions. I remember the "have you slept with anyone who has slept with someone that has hiv?" Lol
  • Hi all.

Yeah, we are going to the next level of EC image now nervously excited. Not looking forward to the uncomfortableness I have been told to expect but hey, we are heading in the right direction. Looks like I have produced about 10 follicles with a 16 to 19 size so hopefully the smaller ones by thursday will be up to 17 image.

How is everyone getting on and feeling?

• Great news Alittlewish....Im excited for you.

LOL! The forms..really?  I had to complete the same information over and over again but really happy this part is out of the way.  I called IVFMD and they have my forms and verified my insurance coverage...moving right alone.  I really do not have anything to share at this point...still waiting on my appt September 23rd, 2013, consultation.  I know Im a candidate for IVF...recommended by my Dr and IVF is covered with my DH insurance...counting douwn the days to find out what/when plan or treatment will start.

• You must be getting excited now. Good luck for Monday and i hope you are able to start your treatment soon. i had to wait a week for af to start and then on day 21 i started the nasal sprays. Everyone is different though and your treatment may not be the same as mine and you may therefore be able to start sooner..eeeek keep us posted though.

• My AF started today. AF is normally 4 days so by Saturday, it's over and then my appt on Monday. Im not sure if this will cause a delay or not?

• Hi all. EC went well. A little bit sore today but fingers crossed it will be worth it. 30 eggs collected and 19 fertifertilised. They are going to harvest five and transfer one on Tuesday, I am very excited for the next stage image

Hi just married. With me they started treatment on day 21 which is when you would normally have bloods and things, so it could be a good thing. Fingers crossed for you and I hope things start for you soon.x
  • Wow that's amazing!! That's so exciting. Can't wait for you Hun. Xx