Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Low HCG and Bleeding

Hi All...Im new to this but looking for some reassurance or at least hope!  After our second ICSI attempt and having to morulas put back...we got a low positive but having had bleeding (not spotting for 3 days) was told it was unlikely to continue to be a viable pregnancy.  A week later i did a urine test and iwas still pregnant so had another blood test whihc showed my HCG levels had risen from 10 to 235.  I was told I would need to go back for 7 week scan to find out whats going on...that was a week ago and my scan is in a weeks time....since my last blood test Ive had continual lower back pain when sat around too much, occassional nausea and several positive pregnancy tests.....should i remain positive or could mother nature jst be being cruel??

Replies

• Im sorry you are going through this. It is such a heartbreaking process and the worst is living in limbo. if you are desperate to know you could book in for a private scan which can be done from 6 weeks. I had this done. Sometimes spotting and back pain is a symptom of pregnancy but it can be something more serious. I wish you lots of luck and hope youve got youre sticky bean xx

• Thank you for your kind words Rose, I guess it's fingers crossed but with a realistic mind!! X
  • keep us posted on your progress and keeping fingers crossed for you.xx