Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss

Rehesus negative and miscarriages

I am rehesus negative and had my first child in 2006 to which I wasn't given the anti d injection after having him (my husband being A+). I have gone on to have four miscarriages since 2008 - 2012. Would these miscarriages be caused by me not having the anti d after given birth and can u go on to have another healthy child? Because I'm so upset and I feel there is no hope...

Replies

• Hello, didn't want to read and run. I am not sure to be honest. I am rhesus negative and cannot remember having the anti-d after my first mc and we went on to have a healthy baby girl. I was given it after the birth and again did not get offered it on 2nd mc, it looks like I am mc again and the dr has already asked me and said that I will need an injection.

Have you asked your Dr? Also have you been referred for any testing?

Sorry it must be very very hard and worrying after so long.

Becky
  • Hi I'm rhesus - and I'm pretty sure I didn't have anti d when I had my son as I don't think they give it when it's your first, I also had 2 miscarriages and didn't have it after either of those because they've stopped giving it if the miscarriage is before 12 weeks as there is no way for the babys blood to have mixed with yours, so I don't think that is the reason for your losses x
  • I had my son in 2006 as well but I had the shot after he was born. I have also had 3 miscarriages in the past 2 years. Each time they tell me I need to have shot. They said that you don't want to take the chance of contamination either way. And all of my miscarriages have been between 6 and 8 weeks. I hope this helps ease your pain. 

• I'm rhesus o negative, my husband is A positive, had my son in 2006 and was given the anti d, my son was also given something as he was A positive, we were in hospital couple of days after as they said our blood groups were dangerous together and my son had several tests, he was 100% fine though. 3yrs later I went on to have another son who was A negative which meant I didn't need the anti d as we were both negative, the only way u wouldn't have it is if ur child was also negative, it's the positive and negative blood together that is dangerous. I've had 2 miscarriages this yr one at 6wks and one at 8wks, currently going through my second one now. I've queried the doctor today about whether my bodies rejecting them because of my blood group, as I had spotting 2wks before the miscarriages started, which if I was 12wks + I'd have been given an anti d to help prevent it! She said it's unlikely, but who knows xx wish u all the best in the future xx