Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Period pains in early pregnancy

2»

Replies

•     im 5 week and 5 days pregnant after 2 m/c. experiencing period type pains and totally terrified.  cant get a scan till 12 weeks unless have bleeding. dnt think could cope with another m/c.  keeping fingers crossed everything is ok. 

• This is my first pregnancy and I'm about 5-6weeks pregnant the day after I fount out I was pregnant I started off spotting brownish discharge then it turned to pinky blood and now I am having a normal period with period pains and I'm scared I'm miscarrying I've only had this for about a day is this normal or should I be worried?? 

• This is my first pregnancy and I'm about 5-6weeks pregnant the day after I fount out I was pregnant I started off spotting brownish discharge then it turned to pinky blood and now I am having a normal period with period pains and I'm scared I'm miscarrying I've only had this for about a day is this normal or should I be worried?? 

• Hi Mel xo,  I'm suffering exactly the same symptoms as yourself. My age is against me and I was taken up A&E last night by a family member as my bleeding was concerning them, she'd had a miscarriage at 6 weeks with her first 30 years ago. I'm being referred to the EPAU (Early Pregnancy Assessment Unit ) today for a check as I'm not due for my Midwife appointment til next week. I'm scared too that there's something not right. Let me know how you get on.

• Hi thanks for your reply I too was took  to. A&e by my bf as I passed 3 clots a little bigger then 50p's in the duration of goin for a  wee igave them my wee sample and the nurse checked it and the pregnancy test came bck negative so I have sadly misscarried image I've got my EPU scan today just to check things are all gone hope things work out better for you! xx

• Thanks Mel xo, I'm so sorry to hear that things haven't gone well for you. My heart goes out to you at this very distressing time. My appointment with EPAU is at 11am today as I said age is against me at 40+ and this being my first pregnancy.

• thankyou and I hope everything goes well for you today  if not you can always try again my doctor told me there's no reason why I couldn't get pregs again in a months time as when you first catch you catch a lot more easier i will be thinking of you image  

• Hi guys....  Just wondering- I had a miscarriage earlier this year, at 6 weeks, and now, for the past three weeks or so, I've been getting period-like pains but no period.  I'm on the pill but am rubbish at remembering to take tablets!  I'm not ready to have a baby, but does anyone think there's a chance I could be pregnant again?  A pregnancy test a few weeks ago came out negative, but then it did last time too!

• Hey to all expected mums

I am a worried husband actually My wife suddenly started feeling periods pain and it has been more than a week now. She finds minor clots each day coming out and today she was on job when suddenly she said she suffered lot of pain lot of bog clots came out with much severe pain. I am worrying as reading all the posts above it looks there could be something wrong with her pregnancy.