Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Pregnant after Blighted Ovum

Hi I'm a newbie on here. I currently have 2 children and earlier this year I was diagnosed as having a blighted ovum at 11 weeks. It has been 8 months since this happened and I discovered yesterday I am pregnant again.

i want to be excited but I am so nervous the same is going to happen again, are there any success stories out there of successful pregnancies after blighted ovum? 

Replies

• Options

I miscarried my first pregnancy which made me terrified with this pregnancy that the same was going to happen again, i was told these things happen and the fact you have had two children already, its unlikely that you would miscarry again. I can empathise with you but stay strong, chances are it will be a healthy baby! X

• Options

Thanks rose 86 I have got my fingers crossed. I may book in for an early scan in a few weeks just to put my mind at ease. Congratulations on your pregnancy x

• Options

I did the same at 6 weeks and it was so great to see his little heart fluttering away. X