Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

First Midwife appointment

Hi everyone,

this is my first pregnancy. I am 6 weeks and 1 day. I saw my doctor 2 weeks ago. He advised a midwife would call me and arrange an appointment. I had a miscarriage 2 years ago at 9 weeks and had an awful time. I ended up having to go down the surgical removal route! Unfortunately the support and treatment was not great which resulted in me needing a second removal. image  

As you can imagin I am slightly worried and don't have great trust . Can anyone advise how long it roughly takes for a midwife to get in contact?

Thanks in advance! 

Littlebubba1

Replies

• Hi Hun

So sorry you had such a horrible time - wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months this time round.

At my doctors you can call and speak to midwifes I would ring and chase it, I've seen lots of posts where the process seems quite slow so might be worth chasing - I know I did but my appointment wasn't until 9 weeks

Good luck x
  • thank you for your reply image x

• I am sorry about your miscarriage image Must of been awful for you, I had my first midwife appointment at 10 weeks am sure everything will be okay for you if you are really worried give the doctors a call and explain you want an earlier appointment as your worried etc.. Or why don't you try and get booked in for a scan to reassure you? Let us know image hope everything's fine! X