Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in July 2014

Bad Cramping!

I found out Friday I was pregnant with a faint positive result. Today I have been getting really bad cramps, I'd be approx 5wks 6days. It's like bad period/early labour pains, is it normal? Or should I be preparing for a miscarriage? I had miscarriage in January was classed as chemical miscarriage x

Replies

• I had absolutely awful cramping with this pregnancy, the Dr at my booking in appt said not to worry about it as long as it eases off, but if it continues to get worse and particularly if it is a sharp pain on one side, then you should get checked out.

I am now 7-9 weeks- won't be sure until scan and the cramping has almost gone now. When I lost a previous pregnancy., it started with bleeding and then bad cramping.

I hope that helps and it is good news for you x
  • Thanks for replying, I've had 2 normal pregnancies and don't remember having them, although my eldest is 7 and youngest 4, so quite a while ago. It feels like I'm going to come on, although I've just been to wee and it has eased, so could it possibly be a water infection? I don't ever get them but remember having one with my first pregnancy, I may have to google the symptoms. Do u reckon because of my miscarriage if I ask for a blood test to check hcg level they would do one? I'm going to do another test tomorrow or Tuesday to see if I have a stronger result. Wish u all the best in ur pregnancy! X
  • It's back again image lasted all of 20 mins pain free! Surely can't just be growing pains? X
  • mine were really quite bad this time around and a few of my friends had pains that really felt like they were about to come on. I know its pretty useless advice, but try not to worry- it achieves nothing and can only be detrimental. if its due to be a mc, then its destined from the start and as long as you're healthy, that's the most you can do. but the odds are in your favour. enjoy your pregnancy as much as you can, hon x
  • Sadly I've had another miscarriage image hopefully 2014 is a better year for me x
  • So sorry for ur loss hun x

• I'm so sorry, stacey. Much love x x x
  • Hi Stacey,

I'm so sorry honey! I hope you are ok - sending hugs!

xxx

• How did everything turn out for y'all? I had my son 7 years ago and 4 years ago started trying again. We've had 4 miscarriages. #1 at 7 weeks and the other three were all around 4 weeks. I was on Clomid for 3 of those years without even getting pregnant once. The miscarriages have occurred while I wasn't on it. My doc is suggesting genetic testing. I just want answers :-/