Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

A positive story :)

Hi

Not sure if anyone remembers me, it's been quite a few months since i was on here. Just wanted to pop back and tell folk that after 2 years and 4 miscarriages I'm now 16 weeks pregnant!

I remember liking hearing folk coming back with good news, things can seem so bleak at times when the miscarriages just keep happening, so keep heart ladies.

Sending love and babydust to all

xxx

Replies

• This is good to hear, I'm happy to read this! I'm a long time reader, but just joined recently.  We've been ttc for 2 and a half years and I've had 2 miscarriages.  This give me a little hope.  Mind if I ask if you had any kind of fertility treatments or did anything specific this time around for your successful pregnancy?

• congratulations. x

• I was given progeseron pessaries this time, which I took for hte first trimester. I don't know if that's what made the difference or not, but I feel lucky that I met with a very nice consultant who was willing to give them a go even though that's not strictly inthe policy for dealing with recurrent miscarriage. There's a big trial going on just now to assess how effective progesterone treatment is, but the consultant I saw was convinced enough by the evidence already out there to give it a try.

Good luck for the future xx

• Hi,

Again Ive been reading on here for a while, but decided to jin properly after loosing my twins at beginning of Jan, like most peeps, been on here has given me comfort that Im not alone.

I see my consultant on Monday and am hoping Im not too old and past it, Feeling quite aprehensive about it but eager to learn more at same time and hopefully to be told I can try again. I don't care wot some peeps say it does take over your life.

Thanks for sharing your news its brill and gives me hope for the future! image x

• Hi live-in hope

How are you doing now, how was the consultant? I know that was a long time ago now so lots may have changed!

I agree it takes over your life, it felt like I spent 2 years peeing on a stick whether to track ov or preg tests, combined with the seemingly never ending rollercoaster of being pregnant then losing it.

Hope all is well with you

xxx

• Thanks for sharing, I have to go back to the Dr as i have had two chemicals and a 6.5wk miscarriage all in 6 months.  I am in dispair today after this latest one that han't worked out, and scared about why.  I need stories like yours! Thank you x

• How did everything turn out for y'all? I had my son 7 years ago and 4 years ago started trying again. We've had 4 miscarriages. #1 at 7 weeks and the other three were all around 4 weeks. I was on Clomid for 3 of those years without even getting pregnant once. The miscarriages have occurred while I wasn't on it. My doc is suggesting genetic testing. I just want answers :-/