Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

When is everone meeting their mw?

This is my 2nd pregnancy, my daughter has just turned 2 (we conceived either on her birthday or the day after!). The 1st time I went to see my gp at 6 weeks & was told it was too early to start the ball rolling so went back at 8 weeks then my midwife came round to our house for our booking appointment at 10 weeks. This time I'm seeing gp just before 8 weeks to get the ball rolling (2 weeks time).

I know it varies on where you live & previous pregnancies (or mc) but I just wondered what anyone else's experience is? I've only known 2 weeks & it's dragging so much!!!

Replies

• I had my booking in appointment with my midwife on Wednesday at 7 weeks x

• hi huni i have a scan on the 17th march il be 7.5 weeks then and if all ok il start my booking in then, this is my 4th pregnancy but will only be my 2nd baby, my last m/c was 24/12/2013, this is why they are scanning me before doing a booking in xx 

my little boy is 18 months old xx

• I've got my booking in next week (Tues) with the midwives at the maternity unit at the hospital then will meet the community midwife around 16 weeks. The CMW will be the same on from then on for all my antenatal appointments. I'm gutted that the lovely CMW I had for my last pregnancy has retired image
  • PS. I'll be 9 weeks
  • I've got my booking in next week (Tues) with the midwives at the maternity unit at the hospital then will meet the community midwife around 16 weeks. The CMW will be the same on from then on for all my antenatal appointments. I'm gutted that the lovely CMW I had for my last pregnancy has retired image
  • My booking in is for mid march, I'll be about 8 weeks. This is my 3rd,

So I guess I'll see them less then first time mums. Can't wait to hear heart beat image x
  • Thanks for telling me where you're all at. I didn't want to be the last 1 to be seen!!

• Not sure when my booking in appt will be yet!!

As this is an IVF pregnancy we get an early viability scan after 7 weeks and if all is ok we will then be discharged from our clinic back into local care. I haven't been brave enough to enquire what the process is yet, but our scan is on Thurs and it can't come round quick enough!!

• Mine is supposed to be 8weeks but haven't got around to making the appointment yet. Im 8 weeks on Wednesday. x
  • Good luck for your scan Vickster77b xx

• still not heard a thing from my mw (I'm 9+5 today) so i rang the supervisor of midwives today and she said she is going to get a midwife to contact me. it's no  usual practice for them to have not done something sooner in my case and for some reason I'd been "overlooked" which is quite annoying as I'm high risk and a simple"overlooking" could have cost me my life!! tisk tisk lol xxxx

• vickster have you had your scan yet hun hope all is well with you and bean and congratulations on your pregnancy xxxx

• i went today, then im back on the 30th of this month and then she will give me my 12wk scan date image happy happy happy x

• only just seen ur post here sarah  I'd aske  you on another thread when your twelve week scan wa  an  when you'd b  seeing mw, now i know lol xxx

• I got my dates confused & thought my gp appointment was last Fri & it was Thurs. Next appointment they have is next Wed when I'll be 9+4. The receptionist has also tried to book me a midwife appointment for the same day but not sure if they'll accept that as it should be the long booking in appointment 1st but I'm desperate to get my scan date booked.

• I'm ten weeks today and saw my high risk consultant this afternoon  mw ran  this morning and said "we've had a  message to contact you, what is it you wanted" i.was like REALLY!!? lol gave her the list of my history and said i was ten weeks and heard nothing from them yet she said "oh my,we need to get you seen this week are youin tomorrow" lol she's coming to my house tomorrow to do booking in and bloods etc and she filled in my twelve week scan request on the phone. about bloody time I'd say lol xxxx

• yippie about time !!!! xx

• Got mines tomorrow at 10 + 1 image x
  • Got mines tomorrow at 10 + 1 image x I just hope she's nice as my first midwife nearly killed me.

In my second pregnancy I didn't have one until 8 months. image