Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in September 2014

hyperemesis gravidarum

HI all just wondering if anyone else is suffering from this? I have just come home after 3 days in hospital on a drip and looking for some support x

Replies

• Hey, I'm really sorry to hear that your suffering with HG it really is miserable. You have my sympathy. How many weeks are you now? Are you fed up with everyone assuming that it's just morning sickness yet lol? I've been suffering with it since 4 weeks and have been in and out of hospital. Have they sent you home with any medication? I suffered with HG with my first and have been again with this one image. I'm here if you want to vent or if I can offer any advise I know how lonely and frustrating it can be. Hope you feeling better and the drips have made you feel more human. XX
  • Hi ladies. So sorry to hear you are feeling so poorly. I had hg in my first pregnancy and it was awful. If you go to pregnancy sickness support website there is loads of help info and a great forum. They have a fb page too. I hope you start to feel better soon xxx
  • Hi Tink89 & Karliepop many thanks for your replies, it's great to know I'm not alone. 

I'm 14+4 today starting to feel a bit better and even managed a bit of real food yesterday not just dry toast and digestives! I've been on stemetil /buccastem since I was 3 weeks and take those twice a day, since my hospital admission I'm also on cyclizine 3 times a day. This combination seems to be working for me so far, so I'm sticking with it and religiously taking the tablets. 

I'm signed off work for another week not due back til w/c 17th March so really hoping it's abated enough by then for me to try and get back into some semblance of normal life. My colleagues, friends and family have been very supportive this time as I also suffered in my first pregnancy, I think it's more me coming to terms with the fact it's happening again that I'm struggling with. 

Karliepop, I found that website and have found the forums an excellent source of information and advice. Tink89 you should take a look xxx

• Hey ladies, Thanks karliepop I completly forgot to mention pregnancy support website it's really helpful. I suffered right up until delivery with my 1st 5 years ago and it was awful. I have noticed the difference this time there is so much more awareness and help available.

Glad your feeling a bit better Kate it feels like such an achievement managing anything let alone real food. I have to eat when I crave something and if I miss that window I can't again. I was signed off for 9 weeks but have been signed back on restricted hours as over doing it can cause a relapse and want to stay out of hospital. I understand what you mean about coming to terms with it again in a 2nd pregnancy I was deverstated but least Drs and MW didn't try to fob me off with it's just morning sickness this time.

I will say don't rush to get back to normal take it slow to prevent a relapse.

I'm 27 weeks now and have had 2 relapses. Dr told me it's my body telling me to slow down.

I recon I'm gona have post pregnancy weight to shift when I go on a food binge when bump arrives lol image.

Xx