Forum home Pregnancy Miscarriage & pregnancy loss
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Failed management of mmc

Hi guys,

so it's been a while since I posted and not much has changed.  Since being diagnosed with blighted ovum on 14th February, we had medical management on 2nd march which failed, then came in for d&c on 14th which was postponed.  Finally went to theatre the next day and when I came round in recovery was informed that unfortunately that didn't work either and the gestational sac was still in place.

I was discharged home that night to be rescanned on monday.  Monday arrived and I felt awful ended up being readmitted to hospital with Sepsis they then made the decision to retry the medical management but using slightly different drugs which made me feel really unwell image. Anyway this still has not worked and the gestational sac is still in place so they now want to do a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy at the same time with two consultants present but cannot do this for at least another week as I tested positive for MRSA.  So as I write this I am still in hospital, still technically pregnant and now seriously considering if my future fertility has been affected.  I don't feel like I can talk to anyone either as DH is not coping at all and the nurses are all really young.  Has anyone else had anything similar happen I never imagined that the d&c wouldn't work.

Replies