Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby is due in August 2014

Clothing

Hi just wondering  if someone could keep me right, just wondering what the difference  is between sleepsuits,bodysuits and vest...and when they should be worn and along with what...I'm so confused image

Replies

• Vest under sleepsuit. Body suit is just another name for a vest. I think. Babies nwed one more layer than us.

Sleepsuit is for bedtime, pyjamas really. They were my favourite item of clothing as so simple and of I wasnt taking my children out I frequently just put another sleepsuit on as they dont ride up like t shirts etc, and comfier than clothes xx
  • Thanks so much completely confessed lol
  • Confussed lol
  • My little girl was in baby grows/sleep suits for months! She just looked so comfy in them. Plus they're easy to get on and off for the 5 million clothes changes they need a day haha.

I went on the rule that they needed a layer more than you, so if I had a t shirt on, I'd put her in a vest and top, or top and cardigan. TBH it was always a vest and something else on top, that way I knew her little tummy and back would always be covered.

We bought our first new baby grows at the weekend, so excited. Xxx.

• I also dressed Sam in just vest and sleepsuit for at least first 6 weeks. More comfortable x