Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010

anyone been on or stopped micronor?

I stopped micronor 2/3 weeks ago after doc put me on them after bubba because microgynon was bad for my blood pressure.

Has anyone got pregnant without trouble after micronor?

I am awaiting AF but no sign & am def not pregnant after 4 BFN's lol

while I was on micronor I generlaly forgot to take it properly so was never really protected but not having much BD time anyway.

I'm just getting really impatient awaiting AF to show up so I can start TTC and begin a cycle. last AF was while on micronor on 21st May and it lasted 2 weeks (including loads of spotting days) I usually have an average 25 day cycle which can range from 24 at the least to about 27 at most and i'm on 33 today and 34 tomorrow which is unheard of!

I am sure i'm not prgnant so i'm pissed off that AF isn't just doing her thing. I wouldn't mind so muhc if AF had been absent while taking teh damn pill but she wasn't...she was there every bloddy month!

SO annoyed!

if anyone see's this that has me added on facebook please don;t mention i'm TTC x

thanks ladies!

Replies

• Hi sorry i was on cerazette when i stopped the last time so dont have any experience with this one

hope it all goes well for you and you get AF soon and then a BFP quickly !

xxx
  • thanks Hun x. I can't complain too much I guess as my gp says I could stil OV. if I'm able to OV without AF I'll be pleased! lol now I know it's normal and there is nothing I can do I feel more resigned to enjoying the fact I can still drink & letting nature take it's course!
  • how are you feeling about ttc this time , im panicking and keep changing my mind when the time comes to start we have now put it off for another month as stressing about finances !! xxx
  • sorry for the delayed reply! I am not too worried. I really want them to be close together as this will be my last and I don't want to begin this period of my life over again in 3/4 years time. I guess I'm looking at the bigger picture. I feel really happy and realise that it could take me another year to get pregnant so can't really delay if I want these bubba's close!
  • Hi, I'm experiencing same thing. My AF is 9 days late and 3 BFNs. I stop taking Micronor couple days after my last AF.

Have you been successful with TTC? I read if you get pregnant soon after stopping the pill, you have more chance of getting twins. I was wondering if this was the case for you.

Please let me know if you can. Thanks!
  • TOP SECRET!

I have been successful....10 months TTC! It took 11 months last time so I'm not surprised. keep your chin up and keep shagging!
  • With this pill there can be negative effects. I started this pill in Sept 2012 after I gave birth to my second child. I took it for almost 1 year, the entire time I breastfed him and didn't have a period at all. I then stopped taking the pill in June 2013 because my hubby and I wanted another child. It is now November 2014 and I still haven't been able to concieve. I was told be a nurse that the pill can build up a lining on your uterus and it can take 1-1/2 years to shed it. Because your body doesn't have a period your old stuff doesn't have a place to go and just builds up. And to top it off, the pills made me stop producing eggs. I had to be put on Provera (Not DEPO) so that it would help me produce progesterone and I would start making eggs again. So be wary of this pill. I will never as long as I live take another birth control pill again. This pill messed me up so bad!! It has been about 1-1/2 years since I stopped taking them. I am currently 4 days late with negative tests.

I'm hoping to be pregnant, but not banking on it because Feb 2014 was when I didn't have a period at all and my body had stopped making eggs so I couldn't concieve then. I'm praying that this isn't the case this time. I don't wanna have to go back on pills to make me ovulate and make eggs again.