Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Pregnant after miscarriage

5 months ago I had a miscarriage. I still to this day blame myself, although I know there was nothing I could of done diffrent. This past weekend I found out that I am pregnant again, about 5 weeks or so. I am freaking out, I keep waiting to find blood in my panties and I don't feel happy at all about being pregnant. It makes me feel like a bad mother that I don't care about my baby but I'm just scared, my first misscarriage almost destroyed me but with the help of my husband I pulled through. I feel like I am alone in this even though I know my husband lost the baby too. Am I a bad mom for feeling like this or is this normal? I go for blood work tomorrow and I'm scared that my hcg levels will be low. I feel lost and confused. Any other moms feel like this after a loss? 

Replies

• Hi Dayna,

You aren't alone, I feel the same. I do have a 3.5 year old son, but I had a miscarriage back in December 2012 (I went for my 12 week scan to find out there was no heartbeat it had stopped growing at 9.5 weeks) which was really horrendous, so I am spending all my time worrying at the moment (i'm about 7 weeks) which isn't a nice way to be. I want to go for an early scan, but I don't actually know if that will help as I don't think i'll feel happy with it all until I have a 12 week scan and all is OK then....

It is completely normal and doesn't make you a bad person, sometimes it's easier to try and not get too attached just in case something happens.

All I keep telling myself is that what will be, will be, and there really isn't anything that I can do about things, and although the next 5 weeks are going to be pretty dire and drag, they will go by and can just keeping everything crossed that things will be OK

Sending a big hug xxxxxxxxxx

• Generally, Miscarriage occurs once, and most women easily conceive after it.It might cause an intense feeling of loss. You might also suffer from negative emotions.Just be happy and be healthy.