Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

OMG! Have you seen this mean message sent to a new mum about her baby-related Facebook posts?

Hello

We're wondering what you think about this (anonymous) message that was, apparently, delivered to new mum Jade Ruthven – by 'friends' who said they were sick of seeing so many posts and pictures of her baby Addison on Facebook.

Here's what the message said:

'We are all so over your running commentary of your life and every single thing Addy does.

'Look, we all have kids that we are besotted with - guess what - every parent thinks their child is the best. But we don't ram it down everyone else's neck!!!

'She wears a new outfit - well take a photo and send it PRIVATELY to the person who gave it to her - not to everyone!!!

'She crawls off the mat - we DON'T care!!!!! She's 6 months old - BIG DEAL!!!

'Stop and think - if every mother posted all that c**p about their kid - I'm sure you'd get over it pretty quickly.

'We can't wait for you to get back to work - maybe you won't have time to be on Facebook quite so much.

New mum Jade, who lives in Perth in Australia, says the letter made her 'shake with anger and shock' but she's not going to let it stop her posting about baby Addison on Facebook.

But what do you think?

Are you shocked? Do you post a lot about your baby on Facebook – and find your friends like reading your updates and seeing the pics? Or do you think some people really do post too much about their baby on Facebook – and maybe need telling? 

Do let us know your thoughts by adding a post to this thread. We'd love to hear from you!

Replies

• Bit harsh! If they don't like it block her!

• RUDE! - if I don't like things on my FB news feed I just scroll past it, hide it or block it!

My friend openly told me he's blocked me due to my pictures of my son, I don't care, we are still friends. FB shouldn't be there to ruin people's lives or upset people. It's for enjoyment and seeing what your family or the world is upto!

• I think that is pretty out of order of her so called 'friends'. If they were friends, surely they would not do it in such a crude manner. So bitchy! I must say lately I have simply just unfollowed a Facebook friends updates as she constantly posted about her daughter... in a very smug way..and it took up most of my news feed! I do however enjoy reading updates from other friends about their little ones. I myself do not post too much about my little ones,must a funny anecdote here or pic there, as I am quite wary of Facebook privacy and don't want to share everything about my children, I mostly just share pics with my close friends. 

• Hello guy's i think its best deal

• I'm guilty of' too many baby pics'. My family and friends who like to see them are scattered to the four corners. Facebook is a great platform to keep them in the loop. If any of my other friends dislike seeing so many they can simply unfollow me but remain fb friends or jiggle off. I've unfollowed a friend before as she was constantly posting horrific animal cruelty awareness shots and I didn't want to see them. Still fb friends though.