Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

*****Birth Announcement Rockclimbingtigger******

Rockclimbingtigger has really bad reception on her phone and has asked me to update you.

It gives me great pleasure to announce Joshua Harry was born yesterday at 15.56 weigh 2lb 1oz. He is currently being ventilated but doesn't need any other meds to stabilise his blood pressure.she has been transferred to a different hospital as her local one is too small for a NICU.

Huge congratulations to you RCT On the birth of your son. There are a lot of mums here wo have done the NICU journey and we are all here to hold your hand along the way. 

Replies

• Congratulations,  hopefully his stay in NICU is a short one x

• Congratulations RCT on the birth of baby Joshua. I hope the time journey through NiCu is smooth and you are both doing well xx

• Congratulations! I hope J makes it home to you before long.xx

• Congratulations on the birth of Joshua, hope you are well and Joshua's NICU stay is a short one.

Lots of love to you both xx

• Huge congratulations RCT, great name choice  ;-) Hope your stay is a short one, tons of vibes for your boy xx

• Congratulations RCT, hope Joshua's stay in NICU is a short one. xx

• Congratulations RCT!! Hope J is home with you very soon. xx

• Congratulations! Hope Joshua can come home soon x

• Congratulations on the birth of baby Joshua. I hope his stay in nicu is short and he gets strong enough to come home soon xxx

• Oh my goodness! Firstly massive CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your precious and awaited son. I had a feeling he was coming by your last post. Secondly, welcome Joshua. You obviously couldn't wait to meet your Mummy and will no doubt be very fast and efficient in everything you do in life! I hope your stay in SCBU is as short and straightforward as it can. Sending you love, strength and courage for the coming days, weeks and months as you sit beside Joshua's incubator.

Thirdly, I hope you can read this RCT. PM me ANY time:

Dear Prem Parent,

We know we were not a part of your birth plan. We are never in anyone’s birth plan, and this chapter was somehow left out of the “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” book. The beginning of parenthood is supposed to be a joyous and momentous occasion filled with celebration. Instead you are here, here with us. Unable to hold and snuggle your baby like you had planned.

You want nothing more than to protect your baby, and to do anything and everything to make it all better. We want you to know that we are not here to take that place, but guide you through this experience, helping you make informed decisions and providing you with the information, advice, and resources you need to get your baby home with you.

Our promise to you is to be the voice of your baby, the gentle hands of your heart, and to protect and love your child like they are own of our own. In the dark moments of the NICU, when you feel alone and afraid, we are here to listen to your concerns and be a shoulder to cry on. We will also be here to celebrate the milestones and rejoice in the victories alongside you. But most of all, we will support you, and help you through this long, uncertain, and sometimes very scary journey.

You will have so many mixed emotions along the way; including terror, fear, concern, and heartache, but most importantly LOVE Love. You will grow and learn with your baby and some days will be easier than others. The hard days can be really hard but they will be coupled with many more that will leave you proud as you cheer on your little fighter. Our promise to you is to make this journey the very best it can be. We will protect and care for your baby in the very best way possible, with guidance, love, and with you, the parent. Although you would have rather not met us, we are privileged and honoured to have met you, and we hope, in time, to help you put all the broken pieces of your heart back together again.

Your sincerely your NICU team

• Huge congrats RCT, I hope baby J's stay in NICU is as short as possible and you are all home together as soon as you can be. I'm glad he's here safely and sounds like he's doing well.

Hollywood, your post made me cry! I'm on public transport on the way to work but couldn't help it!

• Congratulations RCT and family. Hope thy J's stay in NICU is a short one. Hollywood, your post is beautiful x

• Many congratulations and welcome to the world Joshua! Sounds like he is doing great, hope the NICU stay is as short as possible and you can take him home soon!

• Congratulations RCT, I hope that Joshua's nicu stay is short and that you are back together soon. Sending both of you lots of healthy positive vibes xxx

• Congratulations!!!! Hope the stay in NICU is short and he's home with you soon.

• Oh my! Amazing. Great name. I'm all choked up at work!!! Congrats, RCT, best wishes to both of you as you progress :)

• Huge congratulations to you and Joshua! Hope your stay is in NICU is short and sweet xxx

• Congratulations RCT, and welcome to the world Joshua.

Hope it is a quick, and uneventful journey in the NICU.

As it has been mentioned, there's a fair few of us who have had prems, so feel free to ask any questions, or if you just require virtual hand holding, we're here.

• huge congratulatutions lovely. Hope Joshua's stay in NICU is short xxx

• Welcome to the world little beautiful baby xxx