Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

**Friday 1st Tri**

I was a little confused as I thought todays thread had already been started but I think Lovetoread may have posted on last week's thread?

Anyhow morning all, I'm in work early at stupid o'clock for a meeting so thought I'd start us off.

Hope everyone is loving the fact that its Friday!

Not much to report from me. My boobs looked MASSIVE this morning! New bras soon I think. Also still a bit worried about my hair, still falling out a lot.

AR - I hope the bleeding has stopped this morning and you are ok.

Replies

• Morning MrsV! My boobs are massive too, think I need a trip to bravissimo soon. Is it worth getting some thickening shampoo? I have so much hair that I've never noticed even if fell out post birth which is lucky.

I'm happy today, no surprise there! Got a busy few days though. Boy is in preschool this afternoon and I need to do more cleaning and organising and it's his 4th birthday party tomorrow with birthday tea (well cake) on Sunday.

AR, I hope you're ok

Weekender, good luck today

• Morning ladies

AR I hope you are ok

MrsV, meetings at this time of the morning?? Not good. At least its Friday

Isis, your weekend will be hectic but sounds fun

Me, I'm absolutely bricking it this morning. Appointment is 950 I'll update when I can xx

• Isis I have ordered some Redken shampoo as its always been good for my hair in the past. I do have thick hair but not for long at this rate! I have posted a separate thread to see if anyone can help me!! I hope the party goes well, cake sounds lovely.

WE - I know but at least I should hopefully leave early as a result! Good luck for this morning, I'm sure it will be fine.

• Morning MrsV hope you do get to leave early - I'm often in work before 8 but we don't have flexi (sob) so am here till at least 5! I hope the hair loss stops soon for you.

Isis hope all the party prep goes well how exciting!

WE good luck for today lots and lots of vibes will check back in later xx

AR just seen your thread from last night huge hugs and I really hope things have settled down today. Thinking of you xx

AFM feeling slightly more nauseous this morning than usual - possibly as it's friday and I'm shattered! The in laws are up for the weekend and I've persuaded them we don't need to go for a meal just have a takeaway in our PJ's so just the next few hours to get through before hometime and lots of lie ins. I had to force the dog out of bed this morning which wasn't fun as I just wanted to curl up with him!

Happy Friday everyone!

• Hello ladies, TGIF! I like a Friday :)

Mrs V, you're scaring me with your boob talk. My boobs looked bigger before my BFP and are bigger still, now. If they're going to get even bigger in the first tri, well, that's quite frightening!

Isis - I love that you're still on a high from the scan. Can I ask - what's the meaning behind your username - I'm intrigued!

WE - post back ASAP, lol. Good luck.!

Grif - sensible decision you've made there, chuck!

I felt awful yesterday, went home lunchtime and cried. Felt bad until bedtime. I blame 2 poor nights sleep (which is the dog's fault, she slept in lad's room those 2 nights, last night she was with us, I slept like a log!). Feel better today. Have brought a suitcase of food to work to try and pull me through the day :)

Hope AR will be along soon, she must be so worried.

• Morning ladies i hope you don't mind me not doing personals this morning. The bleeding last night was bright red, like a light AF and there were 2 clots about 5p sixe (sorry TMI). It had stopped by the time i went to bed at 10. Iput a pad on overnight and there is nothing on it this morning but brown (like start of AF) when i wipe. I've called my GPs, the receptionist was so lovely i nearly cried, and she is going to get a doctor to call me back as soon as they are out of a meeting at 9. HOpefully i can get an EPU referral and be seen by them today. I still have the same symptoms as before and no cramps at all but all i can feel is dread. I will try and update you later. H is staying at home with me today so i have someone to look after P.

• AR, I'm so sorry you are going through this, but it's a positive thing that it's stopped. I hope you get a referral today, I've got my fingers crossed for you xx

• MrsV, hope the shampoo helps. Have you had bloods done? Could it be caused by a deficiency or something?

Weekender, you'll be fine, looking forward to your update

Grif, takeaway and pjs sound good. Hope the lie ins help.

Counter, I love cheese, a little bit addicted and one of my favourites is Oxford Isis. Torture that I can't eat if ATM :( I didn't realise its also a god til after I'd chosen it lol glad you got a good sleep, makes all the difference.

AR, keeping everything crossed for you today

• Morning all,

Firstly AR I feel very positive for you! My referral to epu was for the same reason and I also didn't have cramps and it turned out okay. I hope they call you soon and you can put your mind at ease. It's hard to remind yourself when you're in a stressful situation but bleeding in pregnancy can be normal. My GP told me she bled throughout all 3 of her pregnancies. I still get bright red blood from time to time. I'll be thinking about you!

MrsV that's an uber early start! Poor you! At least you know it's the weekend at the end of the day!

Isis that's so brill about your scan - I'm not surprised you are still on a high! Birthday party sounds fun!

WE good luck!! Look forward to hearing how you get on!

Grif sounds like a good plan with the Inlaws! I'm totally useless after about 8pm!

Counter you sound like me at work!!! I do the same thing and it defo works! What are your staples? Is takes a huge tub of grapes, Belvita breakfast biscuits (even though I've had my breakkie) and snack a jacks!

AFM still having a wondrous time in Skye. My bro and his fiancé came for dinner last night so we showed them the scan pic. My brother was so outrageously sweet! He is totally thrilled which is just so touching for me. We are close now but haven't always been and since he met Lynsey his fiancé he has changed so much in terms of his affection towards his family. Feeling all warm and fluffy!

• Grrrrrrrrrrr stupid GP wants to see me before she'll refer me and doesn't have an appointment until 11.50. So i just have to wait around until then and hope the EPU will still have  space this afternoon.

Thanks Sweetpea - that gives me a glimmer of hope but i don't have a good feeling.

• AR, I know it's frustrating, but at least you have hubby at home and you have an appointment. You *will* get seen and they *will* take good care of you x

• I had to do that too AR! My GP did a pregnancy test which I wasn't sure was in any way indicative that everything was okay!! Make sure you are really clear about your distress and the concerns this is causing you. I think it's normal not to have a good feeling. It's a psychological way of preparing for the worst but that doesn't necessarily mean the worst is coming.

• Morning,

Mrs V- Early meetings on a Friday...not good!

Isis- Sounds like a busy weekend for you. Have fun at the party.

Weekender- good luck at your scan, look forward to an update.

Grif- enjoy your take away, staying in with pjs on sounds bliss :)

Counter- Glad your feeling better today. maybe you just needed a bit of extra rest.

AR- Hope it all goes ok, will be thikning of you.

Sweetpea- Bless your brother. Enjoy the rest of your holiday.

AFM- The usual sore boobs and a little nausea. I have my doctors appointment today at 11. for about 2 m,onths before I got my bfp I had some pain in my right side near my ovary so thought I had a cyst. Still getting a little niggly pain there so going to mention that too. My friends family have taken over a pub in town so popping here tonight with  and some friends. pretending I am on antibiotics so cant drink- hope I dont get sussed!

• *sweetpea*

Counter you sound like me at work!!! I do the same thing and it defo works! What are your staples? Is takes a huge tub of grapes, Belvita breakfast biscuits (even though I've had my breakkie) and snack a jacks!

AFM still having a wondrous time in Skye. My bro and his fiancé came for dinner last night so we showed them the scan pic. My brother was so outrageously sweet! He is totally thrilled which is just so touching for me. We are close now but haven't always been and since he met Lynsey his fiancé he has changed so much in terms of his affection towards his family. Feeling all warm and fluffy!

Today I've got: jacob's crackers, a full box of Ritz, porridge pot, muller light, banana, apple, pear, peach, 2 slices wholegrain for toast, marmalade, snack a jacks, and it's a cake day in the office so add to that a giant cookie! I'm sure I won't get through it all but eating really helps me to only feel sh.it instead of being in bed!

So sweet about your bro! That's lovely that he's softening lol.

• Morning all

i do apologise i am really crap with the personals,

AR - hope your ok though!

thank god its fridays girls, i am 13 weeks today and had 2 days of no sickness! amazing!

• Nlh, that's really great. Fingers crossed the sickness is behind you. I'm definitely feeling better this week

• Hi Ladies,

Just quickly nipping back on  to say all was well thus morning, baby measuring right for dates and nice little heartbeat. What a relief! Little pic below hopefully, sorry don't know how to rotate

• Oops its massive sorry!

• Fabulous news! What dates are you? I can barely keep track of my own never mind anyone else lol