Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

**tuesday 3rd tri**

2»

Replies

• Isis- Sorry couldnt see it all to reply! 2 weeks, wow, that will fly by! I am always starving forst thing which gets me out of bed. Have you finished work now?

AFM- Journey into work took an age today, I am glad I am starting mat leave fairly soon! Realised I accidently threw away my MAT B1 form, what a div! I have midwife tomorrow so will ask for another. Off to see Wolf of Wall Street tonight, hopefully I will stay awake,Ii was bad enough at falling alseep before being pregnant. Baby wise all good, loys of big movements. The vendors of the house we purchased have finally found a house and had their offer accpeted. Fingers crossed it goes through quickly.

• Hi sweetpea- I cant keep up with this thread! I am doing good thank you. Oh that's lovely about knowing if it's a hand or kick. I cant tell which way she is laying at the moment, most of my movements are up high but they are more rolling movements than kicks. Great news about your brother and fiancee!

• I felt an actual foot the other day, that was weird

• Oooooo as in the shape of the foot??! That must have been a combo of weird and amazing!! Eeek!

• Yes! It was bizarre and freaked me out slightly. I never had that with my son so it's all new to me.

• Just popping on during my lunch hour but don't have time to do personals. Hugs to all those that need them.

I'm now 37+4 and due to finish work on Thursday next week so only 4.5 days left (I work Tues-Thurs and will be taking this Thurs off). When pregnant with my DD I had terrible SPD and was signed off at 33 weeks but, thanks to lots of physio, I am feeling great and happy to continue at work until I'm 38+6. We also have an event that day with a meal in the evening so it will be a way to celebrate the start of maternity leave (assuming I don't give birth before then). Baby is wriggling away and my body is definitely starting to prepare for labour (pooping loads and had some very real feeling contractions last night). With DD I had a false labour when I was 37+5 (contractions stopped when I started to panic because we couldn't locate one of our cats...she was hiding under a towel in the cot...) but then didn't go back into labour until I was 40+4. So no idea when this one might arrive.

• weekender

Counter, I'll let you know about the jab. It's funny about the movements, hospital told me any reduced movement out if ordinary for me to go in for checking. I've no idea when to worry and when not to! Was worrying last night, this morning he's going wild.

Just wishing away the next 6/7 weeks now, if we get that far - I'd like a little term baby here asap!

I get you! Only I don't think we have an 'ordinary' to use as a benchmark... I'd say, sort of similar to what I think Isis said later, I get 4 or 5 days the same-ish and then two where I hardly feel anything, start to panic, hey presto! We're all wriggles again :)

I am wishing away time  to term, so after your scare you must really be feeling desperate to get there x

• CK

Counter - How exciting about the twins being induced, do they live close by to you? Always nice to have cousins of a similar age!

They are about 3 miles away! My sister and I have a quite big age gap (5 years) and I moved out young so we didn't really grow up 'together' much as it were; our boys are 10 years apart, so having a little gang the same age will be lovely and I hope it will bring everyone closer together. Can't wait to get my hands on them! (and then give them back again, lol)
  • S4, sounds like a very busy day for you! Hope it's going well, and the BP too :)

LD, I love your avatar, is that your dog? Is it a bad thing that you're really openminded for your birth plan? I didn't have much of a birth plan with Harry, just wanted him OUT!! I went with the flow and the only two things I really remember putting was a) no epidural, b) my mum not to be present at the birth proper. As it turned out I asked mum to stay and hold my hand because ex-husband was fascinated with the gory bits! No epidural though, so a 50% strike rate ha ha.

• My theory re movements is to do with growth spurts, like they do on the outside :)

• Flossy, sorry to hear about hubby's grandma. So sad when that happens. Hope she's okay, or will soon be. As for your size, I think it works both ways... lady at work said 'you hardly show, you'd never know you're 6 months pregnant', which, given the weight I have put on (and *does* show) means I must usually look like a barrel, even when not pregnant. Hhmmm.

Bertie - how much longer at work? Let me know how the film is, I want to see it but refuse to schedule any non-house time just now! My sister is having one of each; her son is autistic so she's a 50% chance of her baby boy being the same, she is going to be a heck of a busy lady! And GREAT NEWS on house. Exciting.

• Sweetpea, sounds like a *very* tiring few weeks coming up. Hope it's okay, and lovely news about a wee cousin. And someone to pass all your cutest outfits on to?!

Hi pottysue, not long left for you at work now. That's a relief, eh? And false labour sounds scary!

• Isis

My theory re movements is to do with growth spurts, like they do on the outside :)

That's what I say to myself, he's (or she's) just resting, regrouping, growing after all his dancing and he'll soon be back :)

• Counter- I only have 28 more work days, finish last day in Feb! Altough still no maternity cover in place! I think I will fall asleep through it, I have just had an overwhelming feeling of tiredness! One of each, how lovely :) Will be great having them and your little on close in age. My neices and first newphew are quite similar in age, well 2 of the girls only have 2 weeks bewtween them and my little one will be similar to my newest nephew.

I am so glad they finally found a house,. the closer its getting to April the more anxious I was getting. I like to be settled and organised you see lol.

• Snooze through the whole month, I can support that! Fingers crossed house moves swiftly, will you be in in time do you think?

I just got sent a stack of forms through for my Expectant Mothers H&S checks. Bit late? And I can tell I'm swelling, just went to the loo and can see (through my tights) the groove in my ankles from my bedsocks I took off 8 hours ago. Gross!

• Haha Counter, i meant sleep through the film, tonight! But snoozing through the month does sound appealing! everything with our house is done and ready to sign and basically everything for the new house, just depends at their end really. This house moving malarky is excitin but a real pain!

That is a tad late! Although not as late as my H & S checks.... never happened! Is it normal to get swelling? Suppose it is especially if on feet alot?

• I was supposed to have a desk assessment but they didn't want to do it until I was 20 weeks...then the guy left the company and I haven't heard anything since! I'm not that comfortable but it's good in a way as it makes me get up and walk around fairly frequently.

Bertie - I want to see Wolf of Wall St but it's so long I can't imagine making it through the whole thing after a day at work. Will wait for it on DVD during mat leave I think!

• Bertie

Haha Counter, i meant sleep through the film, tonight! But snoozing through the month does sound appealing! everything with our house is done and ready to sign and basically everything for the new house, just depends at their end really. This house moving malarky is excitin but a real pain!

That is a tad late! Although not as late as my H & S checks.... never happened! Is it normal to get swelling? Suppose it is especially if on feet alot?

I swelled a lot with Harry, I'm not on my feet, but I am sat at my desk and barely move, if I was more mobile it probably wouldn't be so bad.

Sleep through the FILM, I see!! I was on my phone and didn't look properly, but yes, I'm sleeping through today at my desk so I might give it a go through Feb. Maybe could get sponsored like the people who don't drink in Jan Laugh