Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

*Wed 2nd tri*

Can't see one of this yet, hope I'm not double posting it!

Hope you ladies are all well. I'm still on leave this week, OH is out for his driving lesson and then I think we're planning on a chill-out day (I'm sure he'll be playing GTA!) Lots of kicks from baby last night which was nice after quite a 'quiet' day from him :-)

Hi to all that follow!

Replies

• Hello! I was awake for 3 hours in the night so nearly posted, but thought I was 'too new', lol. Made sense at 3am anyway.

Enjoy a relaxing day, and some nice quiet time while he's busy on the console ;)

We had date night last night, but the food must have been too rich (t'was amayyyzing food) and I was awake feeling rubbish for ages and once I woke I couldn't seem to get comfortable or warm/cool enough. And I started googling for bathroom stuff and next thing I new it was 5.30. D'oh!

• Morning!

Rose how lovely to have time off!  Its fabulous to feel lots of movements - it still blows my mind!

Counter - nice to see you over here! Don't worry about starting threads - no one is precious round here lol! Did you but anything?

AFM delivering training so busy at work. Day off tomorrow for my birthday and off to Inverness for a wedding on Friday! Still no bump but wee movements most days!

• Morning all, not been on for a while so apologies.

Rose - a chill out day sounds lovely, and i can't wait to start feeling definite kicks.

Counter - Pleased to see you over here, sounds like the house is coming on well, is the bathroom the next room to be revamped? Hope you feel better today.

Sweetpea - Sounds like a busy day today but at least today is your Friday!

As for me 16+2 today.  Still being sick most mornings and some evenings and have now relented to the fact i am not going to get the fabulous pregnancy glow, i am just going to get fat and have various degrees of roughness! Been for a kidney scan this morning and the sonogram lady let us have a little peek at the twinnies can't believe how much they have grown in the past three weeks.  Got midwife appointment on Monday then next scan on the first November, having wished away the first twelve weeks i now want everything to slow down its going sooooo fast.

Hi to all that follow

• Hello all.

Glad everyone is doing well.

I'm loaded with cold, so snotting and sneezing everywhere. My lazy week last week seems to have helped my hips and pelvis. I did boxing on Monday and spent 4 hours sorting A's bedroom yesterday and only a bit achy today, which I can cope with. I have Physio this afternoon so will see what she says. I so need a magic cure!

I got mega exciting news yesterday that my brother and his girlfriend are having twins! I'm actually more excited about this than my baby lol I already have twin niece and nephew on H's side so can't believe this is another set. I'm going to have 12 nieces and nephews now! Madness!!

• afternoon ladies

Rose, enjoy your day off with H (or the peace and quiet while he plays GTA!)

Counter, are you getting your bathroom redone?  What did you have for dinner last night?

SP, enjoy the wedding, Inverness is lovely!

PP, hope your sickness disappears, how nice to have had another glimpse of the babies!

LR, hope the physio can help.  Exciting about the twins!!

AFM, urgh I'm feeling awful.  Hormones are in full swing here, toddler is being an absolute nightmare at the moment - varying from running away in a car park on Monday afternoon while I was trying to get out the door of a building with a woman with a buggy in front of me blocking the way (approx 4 hrs after I'd taken her doll away because she wouldn't hold my hand and walk nicely in a car park.  Yup that's right), to just cheek, hitting, taking toys off kids at toddlers, the worst one there (or cleverest as my H saw it) was telling her wee friend she wanted a toy that someone else had and telling him to go get it for her!  And he did it, so was playing tug of war with this little boy over the toy she wanted while she stood back, so her friend ended up getting a row.  Constant cheek as well "I told you I want a drink, you didn't get it for me!!!!" while stamping her feet.  Manhandling her when she's having tantrums or refusing to do what she's told is killing my back (lying on the floor kicking and screaming in Tesco "I don't like being in Tesco!".  Neither does anyone hen but you've got to do it).  little bu99er.  So today, she's at nursery and I'm at work - if only I actually liked my job today might be a better day grr.  Oh and I cried at H last night that he never arranges babysitters for us (we live near his family, mine are miles away), never wants to go anywhere, so we're no longer husband and wife just mummy and daddy and I'm sick of spending every night sitting on the sofa watching rubbish on the telly.  

Phew, that feels better Laugh

babywise, no news, not really felt any more movements, but getting a definite bump now.

Hope everyone else is doing good xx

• pinkpanther

Morning all, not been on for a while so apologies.

Rose - a chill out day sounds lovely, and i can't wait to start feeling definite kicks.

Counter - Pleased to see you over here, sounds like the house is coming on well, is the bathroom the next room to be revamped? Hope you feel better today.

Sweetpea - Sounds like a busy day today but at least today is your Friday!

As for me 16+2 today.  Still being sick most mornings and some evenings and have now relented to the fact i am not going to get the fabulous pregnancy glow, i am just going to get fat and have various degrees of roughness! Been for a kidney scan this morning and the sonogram lady let us have a little peek at the twinnies can't believe how much they have grown in the past three weeks.  Got midwife appointment on Monday then next scan on the first November, having wished away the first twelve weeks i now want everything to slow down its going sooooo fast.

Hi to all that follow

PP every now and then I forget you're having the pair, then I remember and it's very exciting! That's where your glow has gone, I don't think twins-mummies are permitted a glow, bless you. It's funny what you say about time passing, it DRAGGED so much at first, and now it's bouncing along quite nicely where I feel like I need more time to do work, sort house, etc etc :)

Was the kidney scan fine?

• LR - twins?!!? My sister is expecting twins, it's very exciting but I'm also petrified for her lol!

Weekender - I had... mushrooms in a cheesey garlic butter with a nut crunch topping, then a pork loin dish with tarragon and mushroom sauce, potatoes dauphinoise and veg, and then raspberry and chocolate roulade, washed down with a small sauv blanc. Then we went walking along the promenade, it started raining, he made me laugh until I nearly wet myself and then we went home :)

The house is coming along. The bedroom  and en suite are just to be glossed now. The floorboards are all white, the bathroom has a very pale grey on the 'biggest' wall, and ultra code pale turquoise on the others, and some wire locker room style storage. It's so light and bright, I love it. The bedroom has the main (chimney breast wall) a soft sunny yellow and the rest are a warm turquoisey colour. It's so different to the bold colours they had. I normally like bold but it's so bright now and feels way bigger. I am very happy considering all we've bought is loads and loads of paint! Now to finish the rooms off, which is my job now that he's done all the tough stuff. I am looking for a giant starfish in black/metal, something quite masculine. And I might buy some rope on eBay and do something nautical, and I've seen an anchor I want on the wall. Just 3 or 4 simple oversized things and nowt else. I bet it sounds terrible - looks great in my mind!!