Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

~~~ Friday 2nd tri ~~~

Happy Friday everybody!!!!!

I'm exhausted, and been up twice in night with sicky dog. So very glad it's Friday. First day back was a tough one and really not convinced job will be okay. I was really stressed a few times and I'm really not wanting it now;the adrenalin is a normal part of my job but at this stage in the pregnancy I'm desperate for boring ha ha. 

Got a friend over this evening for takeaway and catch-up. Hope I stay awake long long enough to eat... slumping head first in to food like a sleepy toddler would not be attractive!

Replies

• Happy Friday!

Counter, I'm sorry work is so stressful, it's really not what you need at the moment. I hope it improves for you. *hugs* On the plus side, yay for Friday, and I hope you have a nice time with your friend tonight.

Afm, no work today as it's a Friday. I'm not sure what Jacob and I are going to do as none of our groups are back on yet. Baby wise I'm not sure whether to be concerned as I've not felt Attila for a couple of days, but that's been the pattern for the last couple of weeks, lots of movements then none. I assume it's the position she's in rather than anything else, but I wish I could feel her more.

• Morning counter.

Work does not sound much fun at all. When will you know more or is it all going to play out slowly? Look after yourself.

Im exhausted too and not even got the excuse of being back at work yet!! Dozed on the sofa from 7pm last night and then slept like a log. Up esrly so H can help me with the horse before work as it sounds like a gale outside plus my back is aching. Then going to see s friend andnher two little boys this morning. Think ill try amd nap when p does later!! Happy friday everyone.

• Im so sloe typing on the tablet,  missed you sp. Its quite early for regular movement and if its in the pattern then im sure its all ok. Call your mw if youre at all worried. Mine told me off for not calling when I was worried about movement!!

• Morning Ladies, I've not been on here in ages, I feel in a bit of a limbo state of pregnancy (18+2). Sickness went ages ago, still tired but thats not always pregnancy related. Just feel like theres not a lot to report on at this stage... though i do have a question for you girls after the personals:

Counter - If i've worked it out correctly, you work in Finance like me and its year end? I worked new years eve, 12 hours yesterday, most likely the same today and we've been asked to work tomorrow as well. I'm trying to keep calm at all times but its hard when one of my colleagues is a lazy no good piece of doodoo. she didnt come in NYE, just the rest of the dept did and the reason we all have to come in tomorrow is because shes behind. kills me.

SG - I dont really feel any movements. My sister is 26 weeks and she said at this stage it would feel like butterflys but i dont really feel anything. occasionally i think i do but you never know. I'm sure if thats your pattern all is well. When is your next scan?

AR - Beyond jealous that you're not back at work. I had to drag myself out of bed this morning and it was horrible.

AFM - We moved house, and offically signed off on our rented place on Monday so fnished the last of the unpacking bulk on Tuesday so its nice to not really have much to do when i get home now. I was supposed to have a 16 week appt before xmas but the MW cancelled it and as i was moving the next day she said i needed to make an appt in my new town. The next available appt is next friday when I'll be 19+2. Dont know if thats abit too late for the 16 week one but theres nothing I can do about it. Have my scan on the 15th which I'm very excited about, we'll find out if its a boy or a girl! As for my question, I think the baby has moved. I have a small bump and its hard under the skin, I woke up this morning and my right hip was hurting and now its only hard on that side and not on the other (and pretty uncomfortable too). Is that normal? I feel like i need to sleep on the other side so it falls back but i'm pretty sure organs dont work like that lol

• Morning

Counter- sorry your dog is poorly. Enjoy your takeaway tonight

SG- enjoy your day off with J. This one I have is quiet at times and it can freak me out a bit. If you are concerned call your MW. It wasn't until about 24 weeks I had regular movements with this one.

AR- glad your H helped with the horse this morning. That rain was very heavy!

WW- Sounds like you are organised with moving. I6 week appointments are generally to look at blood results from 12 weeks and you get a chance to hear heartbeat so having it later would be OK.

AFM- MW appointment generally went OK yesterday. I still seem to have some infection lurking so she said do another test when I am at the hospital on Monday with the consultant. BP was fine but she did tell me that it would be protein in my urine that would more likely to show up first with PE than my BP going up! Going in a short while to have my bloods taken. Although I am not quite 28 weeks yet she said I would have the results for my appointment on Monday this way. We are then off to my aunts for our last 'Christmas' Dinner this afternoon!

• spikeygoodness

Baby wise I'm not sure whether to be concerned as I've not felt Attila for a couple of days, but that's been the pattern for the last couple of weeks, lots of movements then none. I assume it's the position she's in rather than anything else, but I wish I could feel her more.

SG, every time someone else posts this I'm all blasé saying 'yes that's normal, happens all the time, blah blah,' but when it's me in my head I'm quietly, then more loudly, going 'ohmygodohmygodohmygod what's HAPPENING?!?!?'

Baxter is going crazy today and last night after 2 very quiet days. Jittery, fast movements, so *obviously* I'm convinced that's a bad sign too. I think there should be a temporary pregnancy lobotomy available where that worry switch is just removed for 9 months so we don't all send ourselves crazy :)

But do ring midwife if concerned, they'll see you and listen to heart and put your mind at rest x

• AutumnRose

Morning counter.

Work does not sound much fun at all. When will you know more or is it all going to play out slowly? Look after yourself.

Im exhausted too and not even got the excuse of being back at work yet!! Dozed on the sofa from 7pm last night and then slept like a log. Up esrly so H can help me with the horse before work as it sounds like a gale outside plus my back is aching. Then going to see s friend andnher two little boys this morning. Think ill try amd nap when p does later!! Happy friday everyone.

It's a bit of a guessing games whether our re-finance package (there's 4 'corners' to it, all need to be in place at the same time) will fall in line in time or whether we'll just fold. I can't worry about being out of work at the moment, that comes later, but it makes for a horrible environment (although my guys are lovely!)

The wind is AWFUL! I sat in my car outside work trying to gauge the best time to make a run for it, hope you got the horse sorted nice and quickly, and do make the most of not being back at work yet!

• Morning,

TGIF!

Counter- Hope you can catch up on some rest over the weekend. Enjoy seeing your friend (if you stay awake!).

SG- My movements have changed these last few days, i can feel her moving just not kikcing as much but I am pretty sure she is in a different position and think that can make a difference.

AR- I am with you on the tiredness! Although I was awake until 1am watching Pretty Woman last night! Hope you manage to get a nap in today!

WW- Yay to moving house!  How annoying about your midwife appointment. They will just do the same checks so im sure it's fine its a bit later. Less than 2 weeks until you find out! Could be where baby is laying? May change today when your moving around etc.

AFM- Thank god it's Friday, I am ready for the weekend after just 2 days back! Went to MILs last night and didnt get home until 11 then watched Pretty Woman until 1am, what was I thinking?! Hopefully going to order our pram tomorrow and probably have a meal out as we got lots of vouchers for xmas. Baby wise not feeling as many kicks these past few days but can still feel her wriggly about so not worried.

• S4- Sorry I took ages to reply and missed you. Enjoy your xmas dinner! I am still stuffed from xmas! I am having my bloods the week before 28 weeks too.

• wishfulwhispers

Counter - If i've worked it out correctly, you work in Finance like me and its year end? I worked new years eve, 12 hours yesterday, most likely the same today and we've been asked to work tomorrow as well. I'm trying to keep calm at all times but its hard when one of my colleagues is a lazy no good piece of doodoo. she didnt come in NYE, just the rest of the dept did and the reason we all have to come in tomorrow is because shes behind. kills me.

AFM - We moved house, and offically signed off on our rented place on Monday so fnished the last of the unpacking bulk on Tuesday so its nice to not really have much to do when i get home now. I was supposed to have a 16 week appt before xmas but the MW cancelled it and as i was moving the next day she said i needed to make an appt in my new town. The next available appt is next friday when I'll be 19+2. Dont know if thats abit too late for the 16 week one but theres nothing I can do about it. Have my scan on the 15th which I'm very excited about, we'll find out if its a boy or a girl! As for my question, I think the baby has moved. I have a small bump and its hard under the skin, I woke up this morning and my right hip was hurting and now its only hard on that side and not on the other (and pretty uncomfortable too). Is that normal? I feel like i need to sleep on the other side so it falls back but i'm pretty sure organs dont work like that lol

Yes, it's year end. Ugh. Plus we have 2 new senior members of management who are acting like total d!cks, still working on November MI packs, cash issues taking up 50% of time and the shortest deadline ever to do 17 sets of accounts. Your colleague. Grrrr! That winds me right up! Picking up the slack for others is so unfair.

Hope the move all went well, not long til scan, very exciting! Makes it feel even more real I think. And re your lump, I have no clue. Sorry!!! But if you can, do see a GP if you're not sure.

• S4 - this is pretty good news then? Not the infection, but if the protein still isn't showing - that's a great sign? Fingers crossed it'll stay at bay!

• Bertie - are you crazy?! You must have seen Pretty Woman before?! (although it's a fabulous chick flick, don't blame you). What pram are you getting?

• Counter- Haha yes, about 1000 times, i knew every word lol. H hadn't though. We are getting the I candy peach. Just not sure which colour yet. And I want the 4 wheel and H wants the 3!

• Busy thread! Can't quite keep up, but Bertie, we ordered our icandy peach (4 wheel, not the jogger) yesterday! We originally were going neutral for big purchases, then I really liked the silver mint but worried it'd get dirty. H likes brighter things, so suggested berry bonbon and in the end I was swayed despite it being completely girlie!

• Flossy- I like the silver mint but am also worried abou it getting dirty! H likes the berry bon bon or the black. Decisions, decisions!

• Too many posts for proper personals, sorry!

WW, how did I miss that we're the exact same date!? My scan is the 14th, so just the day before you, and while I managed to get my 16-wk appt in before Christmas, it was too early for them to have the results from my bloods, despite 4 weeks having passed.  Now I don't get to know the results until 28 weeks, apparently! Or was it 25 weeks?  Argh, I can't remember.