Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

10lb+ baby clothes

If your new arrival was over 10lbs did you get much use from the 0-3 band of clothes? Lots of ours don't have guides on the tags (now they're out of packaging and washed etc) but 2 I found had 0-3 months as up to 11lbs.

We at least had the foresight to buy no newborn size, but I would like to get at least some wear from the 0-3 Laugh

Thanks!

Replies

• I think it'll depend on the brand, they all seem wildly different!

Zara was 8lb7 when weighed on Monday and has just this weekend started wearing some 0-3 stuff but she's also v long so was growing out of newborn stuff lengthwise rather than width wise. I think some of the up to 1m stuff is 10lb and the 0-3m stuff is more like 14lb.

• O was 9lb 7oz, so not quite a 10lber but she still got a lot of wear from 0-3 months and even some newborn clothes. As Isis said, I think newborn/up to one month is typically up to around 10lbs and 0-3 months up to 14 lbs.

• J wasn't over 10lb (he was 9lb 9oz), and 0-3 only lasted him 2 weeks, 3-6 didn't last much longer.

He was in 6-9 by around 6 weeks old.

• U was 4kg exactlt at birth and was in 6-9 months by 11 weeks because of her length as opposed to her mass.

• Interesting stuff!! So fingers crossed the outfits I'm in love with are the more generous brands!! And that folk don't buy us small outfits for Baxter ha ha

• N went straight into 3-6 month vests and was totally into 3-6 months at 5 weeks old. (He was 10lb 9.5 oz)

• S was 11lb2 at birth and barely squeezed into 0-3. As soon as we got home he was in 3-6. Went into 6-9 by about 2 months old. I literally brought one pack of vests and one babygros cheap in newborn just incase but didn't even pack them once I got to full term