Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bleeding **updated**

Within the last half an hour i've started bleeding. Not brown spotting but bright red blood. I'm 6 weeks today. 

I don't have any cramps. Yet. I guess i just wait and see do i?! 

This is too familiar. Serves me right for starting to get excited. 

I've put a pad in so i'll just see how long it carries on. Our EPU won't allow self referrals so i suppose if it carries on i can call the GP for a referral in the morning. Unless it's obvious it's all over by then. 

*update* 

Saw my GP earlier as she wouldn't refer me without seeing me. The local EPU can't scan me until thursday next week, which is ridiculous. I have a scan at a hospital 40minutes away on MOnday. SO all weekend to torture myself. She said it was a good thing i had no pain and that the red had stopped. It's just brown when i wipe. I have passed two sort of small clot/solidy things though which isn't so good. No telling until the scan but i'm not feeling hopeful. I can't believe this is happening again, its so unfair. 

Replies

• Options

AR - you poor thing! What a worry. If you're not hurting and it's not heavy please try not to worry. I was told by EPU, MW and GP that unless it's like a heavy, painful period, or big clots, to try not to worry as it happens to lots of people. I know me saying that doesn't help in the slightest. Keep posting? x

• Options

Oh no AR so sorry to read this is happening. Like counter said tho if not accompanied by other symptoms could be 'normal' so hard for you not to worry tho. Really hope it's just one of those things x

• Options

Sending big hugs Hug see the gp tomorrow if still bleeding and hopefully given your history they will refer to EPU

• Options

Oh no sorry to read this is happening AR, Hoping because its not accompanied by other symptoms than it's just a little bit of bleeding like the others have said!

• Options

Sending lots of vibes your way AR, hope it isn't what you think xx

• Options

Oh no AR, I hope it's just one of those things and everything's ok. If it gets really bad I'd go to a&e otherwise I guess phone GP in the morning for a referral to epu. Hugs, I'm around all evening if you need distracting x

• Options

Hug and vibes a plenty.

• Options

Huge hugs to you xxx

• Options

My fingers are tightly crossed for you AR, I really hope it's nothing to worry about.

• Options

Sending huge hugs and have everything crossed it is just a normal healthy pregnancy bleed...definitely call your GP in the morning for referral xxx

• Options

Oh no AR I hope its just one of those things. Our epu accept referrals from nhs24 so if you need to then try them. I have everything crossed that it stops though xx

• Options

I'm thinking if you, my fingers are firmly crossed. Bucket full of vibes AR xxxx

• Options

Sticky vibes AR Hug Call the GP in the morning x

• Options

Sending lots of vibes to you AR, definitely call the GP in the morning, I hope it's nothing xxx

• Options

Sticky vibes heading your way! Big hugs and hope its nothing xxx

• Options

Oh AR I really hope it's not what you think. Keeping everything crossed for you xx

• Options

Sending vibes .. Hope it's just one of those things x

• Options

Sending loads of hugs and vibes AR Hug xx

• Options

Sending lots of vibes your way. When I have bled before I have been to my GP and been seen and scanned by my EPAU within 48 hours. Once my GP advised me to go via A&E and I was given a referral by them to go to SPAU.

Fingers crossed for you x

• Options

Lots of vibes AR. Hope it's nothing xxx