Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Bras during pregnancy for a big bust!

I'm 8 weeks today and starting to think about bra's for this pregnancy - I am a size 34F so pretty ample but with a smallish back and am usually 10-12 in clothes. I always wear underwired and haven't had much boob pain so far but would like to switch fairly soon.

I was thinking of just ordering some seamless bras from amazon or something (will be switching to proper nursing bras once the baby is here) but does anyone have any reccomendations?

Thank-you!!

Replies

• By the end I had to wear those seamless stretchy ones you see on the teleshopping ads, I bought them in boots for £15 each. I got sick of growing out of sizes and the maternity bras were so expensive.

• I'll probably go shopping when I'm about 16-20w to get some soft bras that will last me hopefully through to the end. My boobs have got bigger but I'm mostly ok in my normal bras. I think as I'd lost weight they lost a bit of oomph but now they've filled out again I'm still ok, just! I need something supportive though, I'm a similar size to you and they just ache otherwise. I'd probably have a trip to bravissimo and get fitted properly.

• You can stay in wires as long as they're properly. I was a 34GG and remained in my wired bras until I was 34 weeks. The fitters at Bravissimo were brilliant. For me I just don't find soft bras that supportive and I'd be wary of the cheapish ones online. Once my supply settled down after E was born I was able to convert the last wired bra I had during pregnancy into a nursing bra too!

• I shall second/ third/fourth Bravissimo  - life savers - AND still pretty! I did try those seemless ones and they were good... for a laugh! :o) (or seriously for nighttime/indoor only wear)

• I'm 39 weeks and still in underwire. Been having regular fittings. I'm now a 38H. I just can't do without my underwire. Will do for breastfeeding though. Bravissimo is good x

• Sounds like you are a similar size and build to me.

I'm still in my normal 34F underwired bras at 15 weeks, they are getting to small though and I'm sporting the 4 boob look in some bras. I'll probably go to Barvissimo and get measured soon x

• Thanks everyone much appreciated - looks like a trip to Bravissimo is needed! x