Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Can we have a name thread?

Even though im not pregnant or Ttc Laugh I do love a good old name thread!

so today's name thread requirements are: your  current boy and girl favourite. and your hs  favourite 

il start

Baby boy Elijah, Joel and Saul 

Baby girl Cora and Iris

h

Baby boy Icarus Weep

Baby girl Natasha Weep and Jessica

such a shame my h will never get to use any of his names

Replies

• Girl: Tess

Boy: Joey

• Girls: Beatrix and Georgiana for me, H is stuck in the 70's with Katherine and Rachel. I don't think we're going to get to any compromise soon Weep

Boys: Nathaniel for me, Raphael for H. We'd agreed on Reuben for a boy this time. I'm gutted we won't get to use that now.

• I don't like any girls names that I'd consider using but my fav boys is Edward / Teddy / Ted

H doesn't discuss names.

• Belle my friends LO is Ted (not a shortening, he'd just Ted, sometimes Teddie, I love it!)

My h doesn't usually but he's v broody and said o iv not told u the boys name I want...Icarus... I was like erm

Wtf! Lol

• The ones I like that h has said are definately not happening are

Boys: Arthur, Felix

Girls: dulcie, belle

• I love Eli and Ethan for boys and Nell and Willow for girls

• H doesn't have any major favourites i don't think..!

• I currently love Delilah for a girl and Oscar for a boy!

• H never really talks names, but i know he wanted Caitlin for E

If we were to ever have a 3rd i'd be pushing for either Scarlett, or Ruby for a girl

For a boy i'd like Lewis

• My H doesn't have an opinion. He's happy to go with what I like/want. (I chose J's name, including his 2 middle names)

Girl - Brodey. I always loved Darcey (was my girls name of choice when pg with J) but glad I didn't get to use it, as it has become far too common now.

Boy - Brodey.

Kinda sad we're not having another, i'd love to use this name.

• No idea :-/ If my 3rd is a girl I will struggle big time.

• We've currently agreed Rosie for a girl and Seth for a boy.

H has vetoed Constance/Connie and Sylvie for a girl which I love and he's proposed Jessica instead, which I'm not keen on.

I love Ted/Teddy for a boy but again, H was against it. He would name a boy after any of his current favourite Spurs players if I let him Huh?

• Popcorn my h named most of the man city team for all of our children Bang head

O I forgot I really like Seth too [adds to list]

• Didn't Teddy Sheringham play for Spurs?!

• After talking H out of naming a boy after various rock stars we have decided on 2 names

Boy - Dexter James

Girl - Annabelle Jane.

• Belle

Didn't Teddy Sheringham play for Spurs?!

Now I'm torn. I could use this to get my way and suffer the consequences of H telling everyone that our son is named after an ex-Spurs player.

I think I might stick with Seth...!

• LP- I too have had the pleasure of talking H out of naming children after various rock stars!

Top ouf our list at the minute;

Boy- Cooper

Girl- Zara

I love Erin for a girl but H hates it due to the old 'I used to know an Erin and they were horrid'. <sigh>

• Little Pixie
    After talking H out of naming a boy after various rock stars we have decided on 2 names

My 2 boys share their names with American "rock stars", although weren't named after them.

What were his suggestions?

• Currently for a boy Arthur is the ultimate front runner. It's the only one we both love. For a girl Eva and Ivy are top of the list. H loves scrlett but i really don't. We might comprimise and use it as a middle name at some point though.

• I doubt I'll ever get to use mine now but the most recent ones we had were Olive and Jude. I still love the name Roman but H wasn't having any of it.