Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Changing Bag

2»

Replies

• I was thinking it'd be easier for H to have his own back as knowing what I'm like at the moment the changing bag will end up with all my random stuff in it (phone/keys/random pieces of food and jewellery!) so if H was popping out with the baby he'd end up having to root through all my rubbish to get to a clean nappy! I think he'd be quite happy to carry a girlie changing bag around...I'm probably the one who wouldn't want to!

• Yeah I can understand peoples points about H. An obvious changing bag its obvious its for the baby, but with the leather Storksak as it looks so much like a handbag it might look like he is just carrying around my handbag!

• I have the storksak Sofia. I bought it off someone at work who was selling it on our work freeads. It is like new, all the inside bits still have the tissue paper on and the metal wear still had the clear plastic protectors on. She was a bagaholic.

I was a numpty for buying it before even pregnant, but I love it and used it as my hospital bag when I went in for egg collection.

• I just wanted my own. His will have Rennies and tissues and books and car park change in. Mine will have breast pads and chewing gum and receipts and bananas in (I seem to find 'mature' bananas in all my bags at one point or another. Very strange). Another factor was the ones I liked weren't good for wearing across his body (sort of like a satchel) because he's broad and tall and that's what he'd prefer.

• I love that, Ducky!

• Bad Ducky!! Now I'm looking at the Sofia and going ooooh that's nice!!! ;)

• I'm in love with the second link bag... I always thought I'd have a pink lining bag but now I'm not sure!! OH will have his own bag.

• Im another pink lining lover, ive just bought the pansies one they are all reducex at the moment on kiddiecare and amazon so I got it for 49.00

• They're great value at the mo aren't they? Brilliant. I thought I'd end up with one of those, now I want a Storksak or Lin & Leo. I'm spending so much on the house at the mo I think I need to restrain myself!

• I have this...

www.babymel.co.uk/product.php

It's huge (but very easy to fill!) :)

• We have the Babymel Amanda too, so many pockets! We have the Boots freebie if H wants something plainer but it's unused so far.

• How do you get the boots freebie?

• Pep I love the first bag on your list, it's one I looked at too!

I had no plans to buy a 'handbag' looking changing bag and when O arrived for the first couple of weeks I used the boots freebie and then took a seperate small handbag for me. After 2 weeks I got annoyed doing this and started shopping around for bags to double as both! I got the babymel ella in the navy stripes -

its a great bag, great space and storage pockets, good changing mat too, I'm really pleased with it. We still have the boots one which is pretty good actually and if my H is going anywhere with O alone he would take that. 

Sasasi if you sign up (for free) to the boots parenting club they send you some vouchers, one of which is for a free changing bag when you buy a pack of pampers nappies. You also get 10 points per £1 spend on baby products as part of their parenting club (as opposed to their normal 4) x

• Ok fab, I will get signed up :)

• I've got the Storksak Elizabeth, which I think is one that you've mentioned. I love, love, love it! Initially, I had what I call a traditional changing bag - nothing special just practical - but I hated it, far too bulky. I also missed having a handbag and I found the Storksak Elizabeth to be perfect - changing bag but looks like a handbag. I even use it on the rare occasions F isn't with me! Would definitely recommend.

• Weather Girl

I've got the Storksak Elizabeth, which I think is one that you've mentioned. I love, love, love it! Initially, I had what I call a traditional changing bag - nothing special just practical - but I hated it, far too bulky. I also missed having a handbag and I found the Storksak Elizabeth to be perfect - changing bag but looks like a handbag. I even use it on the rare occasions F isn't with me! Would definitely recommend.

*Really* not helping me come to terms with the fact I can't justify the spend Wink

• I looked at your first 2 and loved them both, I found it easier to write down things I needed in a change bag. I wanted organisation, being able to get my hands in things quickly and easily- so I went for a pacapod and I love it! The other thing I would say is see them all before ordering one, when I saw the storksak Elizabeth it actually wasn't very big and would never have fitted in half the rubbish I cart around with me now!

• I have the Babybeau Bethany. I'm not sure if it is just because It is black inside, because I am so unorganised or because I carry a lot of (literally sometimes) rubbish but I can never find anything. It's also huge but somehow still not big enough and therefore really heavy. I have just bought a ruby and ginger nappy purse to put inside and make finding nappies etc easier.

In spite of this I still use it everyday, even though I am back to work because it cost me so much bloody money!

My mum gets left with the free boots one when she is minding F and he has a little backpack for his stuff for nursery!

• I have the Babymel Amanda too and it's huge, I can fit L's cloth nappies in, wipes, change of clothes, as well as stuff for O and I've still got room to spare!