Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Constant headache

I've had a headache since Saturday and its just not shifting. I drink 3-4 litres water a day, no caffeine. I took paracetamol on Saturday but have tried to take anything since. It's really bad when I bend over, but I don't think it's sinus pain. 

Any ideas what this could be? Or how to help it? 

Replies

• Options

How far along are you? I had terrible headaches until I was about 20 weeks pregnant. Mine was low blood pressure x

• Options

I had those headaches in 2nd tri, they would last 3 days at a time they were awful. I don't think there was a reason other than general pregnancy though.

• Options

16 weeks. Now that interesting, I had my BP taken yesterday and told it was low again.

• Options

That's what my problem was, my blood pressure was low all the way through but once the placenta starts taking over the headaches start to ease off and will eventually go x

• Options

Thanks Lauren. Maybe it is rated to the BP then.

• Options

I don't want to worry you but definitely get it checked out...I had a constant headache for 10 days a couple of weeks ago and ended up being rushed into hospital for four days. I think mine was an extreme case but please get checked just to be safe.

• Options

I had a mw appointment yesterday and she wasnt concerned

Thanks though x

• Options

Mine was worse on movement too and when I saw my midwife and doctor neither were worried, I had to take myself to hospital eventually when it got so bad. It's reassuring that your bp was normal. Keep an eye on it and I hope it goes soon!

• Options

Can I ask what caused yours?

What made you go to hospital?

• Options

The pain was really severe when I went to hospital, I had excess fluid build up on my brain which needed to be drained - like I say though this is rare however when I saw a post about headaches I couldn't not mention it.

• Options

Thanks Cornelious.  I hope you're on the mend now.

I wouldn't say my head is as painful as you describe. In wondering if it due to my BP.