Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

CRISPS!!!!

Crisps. They settle my 24/7 nausea, I don't feel like I've overeaten, and they taste bl00dy lovely.

But I am getting fatter every day. What can I have that's similar to crisps but not crisps? I've polished off a box of Ritz biscuits in 3 days and they don't cut it like crisps. I'm going to have to be cut out of my house in 3 weeks time if I carry on...

Help!

Replies

• It's probably the salt in them? Just try not to have *too* many. It'll be a phase, just go with it for now.

• What about ryvitas? I had loads of them in early pregnancy. ( although I also had loads of pickled onion monster munch! Mmm)

Or snack a jacks? Rice cakes?

• Snack a jacks and rice cakes DEFINITELY don't do it. But some of the spicier ryvitas might do.... Oh my! I need monster munch now too. I am so doing a snack-dash round Tesco on the way home.

• I have heard that if you use a potato peeler, and peel the potato so there's long strips of it, then slather in spray oil and microwave... it turns into passable crisps.

• What about Bombay mix? Although I think that's really bad too isn't it?

• What about the Walkers baked crisps, I really like those. Crackers or breadsticks? I feel for you, i was much the same in first tri.

• Ryvetta crispbreads and hummus work reasonably well  (.... I am a crisp addict and can easily polish off a family size bag, Eeek)

• Vegetable crisps are gorgeous!

• Sod it! Just eat them! I tried to buy baked or light in the early days!

• Tortilla chips are one of your 5 a day, yes?....

• i had this between 6 - 12 wks its passing now,  mine was doritos

• My food today:

1 bag Wottsits

1 bag Baked Walkers

1 bag PO Monster Munch

One-third of a medium-sized bag of tortilla chips

1 pear

1 banana

2 slices wholegrain toast with jam

That's TERRIBLE!!!!!