Forum home Babies Sleep
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Dream feeds

Do any of you do dream feeds? And how do you work it if so? Considering trying Sammy tonight as he's zonked on me after a poor day nap wise and I'd like to settle him in crib for the night by 10ish - his usual time, the hope being I can leave him with H while I pick up my cousin from the airport at 11. So do I need to wake him up at all? Do you do what you consider to be a full feed - offer both boobs? And do you still wind? He is quite windy and has reflux so I always try to wind and do upright sleep time on me for a little bit after feeds during the night - should this still work with a dream feed or am I going to wake him and mess the whole thing up?!

Replies

• I do sometimes and usually the act of picking her up and putting her to the boob is enough to get her suckling. I then just gently tilt her upright ensuring head is well supported this usually is enough to produce a burb as she is so relaxed. It doesnt always work though if she is in a deep sleep in which case you mayhave a few hours before he wakes anyway xx

• Thanks willow. Just tried and he latched straight away then pulled himself off after 5 mins and closed his mouth tightly! Hopefully it will buy me a bit more time though, and it's so great that they can feed whilst asleep, he settled straight Back in my arms - clever! x

• Hiya I'm new to this dream feeding I've only just discovered it but want to get my little boy into a routine, hes 8 weeks old and he's bottle fed, he suffers from reflux how does that fit into the dream feeding technique? As if I wind him loads and then hold him upright whilst feeding and after feeding (like I do in the day) he is more than likely going to wake up fully and not fall back to sleep like I would like any advice/help is appreciated xx